Technical Surveyor for SNaPP2-ID
Job Categories: Engineering
Minimum Education Level: Bachelor
Position: Technical Surveyor
Organization: Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL).
Period of services:1 year
No. of posts: 1
Salary Range: As per Company/Organization scale
Date Announced: 14-Nov-2016
Closing Date: 28-Nov-2016
Job Type: Full time
Shift: 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Job Status: Interviewing
Experience: 5 Years
Support to National Priority Program2 (SNaPP2) is a development project of MAIL funded IFAD with the goal to improve food security and economic status of poor rural households in three provinces; Balkh, Herat and Nangarhar. The project will reach at least 57,000 households consisting of 427,500 people in these provinces. The project has two specific objectives: (i) institutional development and capacity building of community organizations, public extension services and relevant private sector entities in the provinces; and (ii) sustained increased incomes of small farmers and herders fostered by improvements in productivity and output, infrastructure and market linkages. These objectives will be addressed through supporting institutions and services, fostering increased productivity and production, and where feasible, upgrading profitable agriculture/livestock value chains.
Under the direct supervision of the SNaPP2-ID irrigation project coordinator and close coordination with chief design engineer. The design engineer will be responsible for the project selection/Identification, surveying the irrigation schemes and structures as per the required standards. Also the technical survey engineer will have the overall responsibility to preliminary alignment Survey for the project site plans, topographical plans, long section, cross section, drawings and sketches.He will report to the Irrigation Project Coordinator.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the irrigation project coordinator and guidance of the director of the irrigation directorate he will be responsible of followings tasks but not limited to:
- Using survey equipment (total station, leveling machines, GPS, DGPS, etc.) conduct survey of irrigation infrastructures, and agricultural command area within the irrigation schemes i.e. establish and check preliminary (bench marks survey) and technical surveys (longitudinal profile, and Cross-sectional surveys) for the irrigation sub-projects.
- Using software such as Civil 3D, Eagle Point and Auto Cad, prepare topographical maps from sites survey data, and share it with design and estimation engineer
- Searches and use latest satellite images to improve the accuracy of maps,
- Calculates and processes survey data, produce maps such as project plans, longitudinal profiles, cross-sections, irrigated/non-irrigated land etc.
- Guides contractors/Irrigation Associations and firm to survey and construct works according to the specification and designs,
- Participate in the project selection/Identification.
- Carry out walk through survey with Relevant Team member for collecting the data needed to prepare designs of the SNaPP2/ID Schemes;
- Assists design team and site engineer when as necessary,
- Using survey equipment’s (total station, GPS or leveling machines) perform survey of command area.
- Plan works in advance to facilitate timely implementation.
- Collect the essential survey data for the design engineer, Presents maps, Take care of the data, and make sure it is properly stored/filed.
- Make sure the survey data submitted for design is appropriate and accuracy.
- Spot checking and certification of ongoing physical works;
- Save additional copies of all drawings and site plans in office server; and
- Perform any other project relevant activity assigned by the Project Coordinator and Irrigation Director.
• Must have an excellent experience of Total station, GPS, and other Field Survey equipment’s
• Bachelor degree in a related field (Civil Engineer, or Poly Technic) is highly desirable, Master preference.
• Minimum of three years of work experience in project technical surveys and project planning is required.
• Must be able to download the Total station data, plot it in AutoCAD-Civil 3D/Eagle Point or any other graphic software.
• Must have familiarity with GIS.
• Be a team player and capable of working with others in a participatory method.
• Self-motivated and having strong initiative skills.
• Must be fluent in English and both national languages.
• Must be able to use the survey equipment’s like Total Station, GPS, Level and other survey equipment.
• Must have a good computer software experience. Other survey software’s would be a plus.
- Good command on Auto CAD, Civil 3d, Eagle Point, and Ms. Office skills.
- Must have good report writing skills.
- Excellent Analytical & Communication skills.
- Must be efficient in completion of the assigned tasks on time on the office/sits.
- Good capability to read write and speak English, organization skills, desire to learn.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Ability to rapidly learn new concept together and execute them with ease under pressure.
- Have ability in taking up new techniques as well as responsibilities.
- Ability to work under pressure.
The interested candidates should submit their resume along with a covering letter as follow conditions:
Please send your CV along with a cover letter
Subject line must be: (Technical Surveyor -14Balkh/MAIL/SNaPP2-ID) otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
Candidate’s educational degree must be attested with Ministry of Higher Education - Afghanistan otherwise we will not accept the application in short listing process.
Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
By email or Hard to the following address:
Jamal Mena, Karti – Sakhi
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock,
Support to National Priority Program 2