Inala Avenue, Serviceton Avenue and Corsair Avenue intersection upgrade - Inala
Newsletter - February 2018
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce plans to upgrade the intersections of Serviceton Avenue and Corsair Avenue on Inala Avenue in Inala. This upgrade aims to reduce crashes and improve safety at the intersection.
This project is part of Council’s $1.3 billion commitment to more than 90 road improvement projects to take real action on congestion, by focusing on a range of solutions to improve the existing road network, getting residents home quicker and safer.
Inala Avenue is a busy four-lane arterial road which carries more than 17,000 vehicles per day. The intersections at Inala Avenue, Corsair Avenue and Serviceton Avenue have high crash rates, with 35 recorded incidents from January 2008 to December 2017, the majority of which resulted in hospitalisation or medical treatment of the motorists involved.
Council has identified the intersections of Serviceton Avenue and Corsair Avenue on Inala Avenue as locations within the local road network that require upgrades to reduce crashes and improve safety and traffic flow. These upgrade works are jointly funded by the Australian Government and Council through the Roads to Recovery program.
The project will involve:
- installing a fully controlled right-turn with arrows at the intersection of Inala Avenue and Corsair Avenue and the intersection of Inala Avenue and Serviceton Avenue
- extending the right-turn lane on Inala Avenue into Corsair Avenue
- removing the central traffic island at the intersection of Inala Avenue and Serviceton Avenue
- upgrading the signal lanterns at the Inala Avenue and Serviceton Avenue intersection
- relocating signal pedestals and mast arms
- modifying the existing centre median
- removing the loading zone at the intersection of Inala Avenue and Serviceton Avenue
- minor asphalt resurfacing and new pavement where required
- upgrading street lighting to LED.
Construction is anticipated to start in March 2018 and be completed in mid-2018, weather and construction conditions permitting.
For more information
- Phone 1800 884 681 (during business hours)
- Visit brisbane.qld.gov.au and search ‘Inala Avenue, Corsair Avenue and Serviceton Avenue intersection upgrade’
- Call Council’s contact centre on (07) 3403 8888 (outside of business hours)
Write to Inala Avenue, Corsair Avenue and Serviceton Avenue intersection upgrade project
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane QLD 4001