JOB AD: REGISTERED NURSE
The Kitchener Downtown Community Health Centre (KDCHC) provides an ideal opportunity to work in a diverse, collaborative and dynamic interdisciplinary primary health care centre. With a focus on people living in the downtown, we work with a broad range of community members, especially diverse cultural groups, homeless people, youth, seniors, families and others living in the downtown area of Kitchener. We are seeking a:
Permanent Full Time
to work as part of our existing primary care staff of Registered Nurses, Physicians and Nurse Practitioners.
If you are a dynamic individual withdemonstrated leadership skills and an ability to welcome change and manage it innovatively, then this position might be for you.
We are seeking someone to assist in facilitating the implementation of new and expanded RN services. We are looking for someone with current knowledge of the role RN’s can play inchronic disease management and in health promotion/illness prevention activities. Experience providing leadership in development, delivery and evaluation of such services is essential. Experience in client service coordination will be considered an asset.
We are seeking someone with skills and interest in providing leadership in the development and implementation of Electronic Health Records.
Working to the full scope of practice, you can expect to establish rewarding collaborative relationships with all KDCHC staff including therapists, a dietitian, a chiropodist, community development/ health promotion staff, diabetes education staff and a skilled administrative team.
- Current Registration with the OntarioCollege of Nurses
- Preference will be given to candidates with a BScN degree
- Minimum of 2 years of broad based nursing experience
- Experience in primary health care an asset, including immunizations of adults and children
- Experience working with some or all of our priority populations, including clients with mental health or substance use issues is important
- Experience and interest in developing and leading health promotion and illness prevention initiatives.
- Experience in triage: excellent skills in assessment, problem solving and critical thinking
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as an effective member of an interdisciplinary team
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, including one evening per week
- Second language would be an asset
KDCHC encourages applications from candidates whose background is diverse in terms of culture, race, language, religion, class, gender identity, sexual orientation and ability.
SalaryRange: $55116 to 66405 plus benefits package.
Benefits package includes:
3 weeks vacation to start, 4 after 2 years
10 days plus funding for professional development
Public holidays, sick leave
Employer RRSP contribution
Extended health and dental insurance
Life and Long Term Disability insurance
Please see KDCHC website for further information.
Please submit resume and cover letter byMonday Sept 19 at noonto:
Director of Client Services
Kitchener Downtown Community Health Centre
519-745-4404 ext 212
We appreciate all expressions of interest; howeveronly those selected for an interview will be contacted.