Watson Y Crickschool Year 2016-2017
Watson y CrickSchool year 2016-2017
Subject: English 3rd Grade
Teacher:Edgar Alan Villafán Chávez
Third term guide
Expected learning outcome:At the end of the term the students will be able to express different future forms, use the modal verbs expressing prohibition, obligation, advice and permission; use the first and second conditional, use adjectives to describe food, identify what is the meaning of some prefixes, talk about school and university subjects as well as noun suffixes related to people.
- Read carefully every section of the test and follow the instructions given
- Write the words from the box to their definition. There are four extra words.
doughnut tuna turkey bread strawberry peas pie plums corn oil
- asmooththickliquidproducedfromplantsoranimalsthat is used in cooking ______
- theseedsof aparticulartypeofmaizeplant, eatenas avegetable______
- a round,greenseed, several of whichgrowin apod,eatenas avegetable______
- asmall, roundfruitwith athin,smooth,red,purple, oryellowskin______
- asmall,circularcake,friedinhotfat, either with aholein themiddleorfilledwith jam ______.
- atypeoffoodmade withmeat,vegetables, orfruitcoveredinpastryand baked______
- alargefishthatlivesinwarmseas eaten as food ______
- asmalljuicyredfruitthat hassmallbrownseedsonitssurface______
- afoodmade fromflour,water, and usuallyyeast,mixedtogether andbaked______
- Choose the right alternative.
a)I don’t eat sweet/ stale food as I’ve got diabetes.
b)I went to eat sushi. It was so delicious/ salty that I couldn’t finish eating it.
c)Many people consider hamburgers as frozen/ junk food.
d)Vegetarian/ Healthy eating means to have a balanced diet.
e)In Japan is very common to find dishes with junk/ raw fish.
- Underline the prefixes and write their meaning.
- Complete the dialogue with these verbs in the present simple or the future with will.
Sarah: I’m leaving, Henry! I ______(call) you when I ______(get) there, OK?
Henry: Yes, please do. What time ______your flight ______(arrive)?
Sarah: I don’t know I ______(check) my travel information as soon as I ______(find) my glasses.
- Circle the correct option
a)Next Thursday at 14.00 therewill be/ ismy English exam.
b)The planewill leave/ leavesin ten minute.
c)What will you do/ are you doingon holidays?
d)I will phone/ phoneyouas soon as I arrive.
e)Don’t phone grandma now, she’ll be having/ will have had dinner.
f)I think astronauts will have landed/ will be landing on Mars by the year 2020.
- Complete the words with the missing VOWELS to make the names of school and university subjects.
a)B _ _ L _ G _
b)L _ T_ R_ T_ R _
c)_ N G _ N _ _ R _ N G
d)M _ D _ C _ N _
e)G _ _ G R _ P H Y
f)H _ S T _ R Y
- Choose the correct answer.
- If he don´t study so hard, he will ______.
- I got 8 in the exam so I won’t have to ______this course.
- I need ______in Physics to pass my exam.
- Look at your ______! You got 10!
- Make jobs usingsuffixes.
- Complete these sentences using these words.
can can’t don’t have to have to must should
- ______I close the windows? It’s so cold.
- I really ______study for this exam.
- We ______be at the airport at least two hours before the flight.
- You ______come to the meeting but it would help us all if you’re there.
- You ______drive in this country unless you are over eighteen.
- People ______be better every day.
- Rewrite the sentences using second conditional
a)If itrains, Iwon't goto the park.
b)If Istudytoday, I'll goto the party tonight.
c)If Ihaveenough money, I'll buysome new shoes.
d)She'll belate if the trainisdelayed.
e)She'll missthe bus if shedoesn't leavesoon.
f)If Iseeher, I'll tellher.
- Read the article about two sisters.
Are the sentences ‘Right’ or ‘Wrong’?
If there is not enough information to answer ‘Right’ or ‘Wrong’, choose ‘Doesn’t say’.
Saturday 7th April - 10.43 am
Are you free this afternoon? Do you want to go out?
Saturday 7th April - 10.45 am
I just have to finish my homework, but I think I can finish it this morning. What do you want to do?
Saturday 7th April - 10.48 am
Let’s go into town. We can go shopping and then get a coffee. We can go to the new cafe near the library. The cakes look great there.
Saturday 7th April - 10.50 am
You know I hate shopping. Why don’t we go to the park? Kev and Rob will be there skateboarding. We can have meet up with them.
Saturday 7th April - 10.52 am
I don’t want to spend my Saturday afternoon watching boys skateboarding! That’s so boring! But we can go to the park for a game of tennis if you like.
Saturday 7th April - 10.55 am
I’m not really in the mood for tennis. I don’t want to do anything too active. I want to just relax. You could come to my house, and we could watch a movie. We’ve got lots of good food.
Saturday 7th April - 10.56 am
I could watch a film on my own. Why don’t I bring some board games round? That’ll be a bit more fun.
Saturday 7th April - 10.57 am
Okay, that sounds alright, but my little brother will probably want to play too. Is that okay with you?
Saturday 7th April - 10.58 am
Sure. Shall I invite anyone else? I think Sophie is free this afternoon.
Saturday 7th April - 11.00 am
Okay, you can invite her, but no-one else. I don’t want too many people round.
Saturday 7th April - 11.01 am
Fine. I’ll come round after lunch. Is one o’clock okay?
Saturday 7th April - 11.02 am
Make it half past. I have to write a few emails first. See you l8r.
Principio del formulario
- Jack is doing his homework this morning.
- Jack and Tiffany went shopping together last Saturday.
- Tiffany wants to go to the library.
- Jack wants to take his skateboard to the park.
- Tiffany wants to play tennis, but Jack doesn’t.
- Tiffany has already watched a film today.
- They decide to play board games at the new cafe this afternoon.
- Tiffany will meet Jack at half past twelve.
Nombre de alumnoFirma del padre o tutorFirma de la profesora