/ Executive / HR Assistant
Last reviewed: January 2017 / Reporting to: US Country Manager, with a functional reporting line to the Group HR Manager in relation to all HR matters.
Brief Description / Purpose of the function:
To support the US Country Manager with all administrative tasks to maximise the available time for the Country Manager.
- Reads and routes incoming mail.
- Composes and types routine correspondence.
- Answers and deals with all telephone calls/enquiries. Taking messages and directing details to relevant staff. Arrange conference calls, as and when required.
- Coordinates manager's schedule and makes appointments.
- Arranges and coordinates travel schedules and reservations.
- You will be required and willing to travel with short notice, to accompany the USA Country Manager.
- Conducts project based research, compiles and prepares project reports for management.
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities, and records and transcribes minutes of meetings.
- Makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials.
- Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes.
- Orders and maintains supplies, and arranges for equipment maintenance.
- Assists management with development of new projects after site plan approval is obtained.
- Tracks costs versus budget.
- HR knowledgeable and willing to keep up to date with local employment legislation.
- Oversee administration of payroll and communicate efficiently with site managers and employees regarding HR/payroll related queries.
- Organizes and maintains file system, and files correspondence and other records.
- Coordinating the recruitment process for all sites - e.g. compiling job adverts, undertaking back ground checks and organization of drug tests.
- Up holds the ethics and values of the company.
All employees are expected to undertake any tasks as reasonable requested by management.
All employees are expected to maintain a professional image in standard of dress and conduct at all times when representing the Company.
It is the responsibility of all employees to comply with the policies and procedures of HB Leisure Ltd.
Person SpecificationCriteria / Essential / Desirable
- High School diploma
- General Education Degree (GED)
- College Diploma
- HR Qualification
- Experience of working in HR
- Experience of working in the Leisure & Tourism
Knowledge & Skills /
- Tenacious with good time management
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Strong IT skills (MS Office), with a focus on Excel and Human Resources Systems
- Able to touch type
- Employment Legislation
- Knowledge of ADP
Personal Qualities /
- Willing to travel (as the Country Manager may be spending a lot of time in NYC this next season)
- Excellent communication skills
- Self directed with a high degree of self motivation
- High attention to detail
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Project Management - Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- External Working Relationships – Develops and maintains courteous and effective working relationships with clients, vendors and/or any other representatives of external organizations.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget.
- Business Necessity – The needs of the employer may be dependent on responding to and anticipating rapidly changing external and internal demands in all aspects of how business is conducted. This may include, but is not limited to, organization structure, finances, goals, personnel, work processes, technology, and customer demands. Therefore, it may become necessary to make modifications to how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with minimal or no advance notice to employees. Accordingly, the employee must be capable of adapting, with minimal or no advance notice, to changes in how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with no diminishment in work performance.
- Safety and Security –All employees are responsible for observing safety and security procedures as applicable and reporting potentially unsafe conditions to management.