POTTERVILLE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
NOTICE OF VACANCY
Posting Date:Monday, October 23, 2017
Position:Head JV Boys BasketballCoach
Salary:Per Schedule “B” of the PEA Collective Bargaining Agreement
Posting Deadline:Open until filled
Send letter of interest, resume with three references to:
Mrs. Ashley Murray, Athletic Director
Potterville Public Schools
420 N. High Street
Potterville, MI 48806
- Prior Successful Coaching Experiencepreferred.
- Current MI teaching certificate preferred.
- Prior teaching experience preferred.
- Previous successful experience in fundraising preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all audiences.
- Evidence of strong leadership ability.
- Evidence of ability to motivate and teach, with a philosophy of coaching that is compatible with an interscholastic athletic program.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities;
- Is a positive role model;
- Possesses a strong value system;
- Ability to work effectively with others: players, parents, teachers, administrators, patrons, and assistants;
- Ability to motivate others;
- Ability to build and promote a program from the youth level through the varsity level;
- Is sensitive to and willing to listen and be helpful to the needs of others;
- Is an effective organizer and planner;
- Is knowledgeable about coaching area(s) and keeps abreast of new ideas;
- Demonstrates patience and understanding in stressful situations;
- Demonstrates a willingness to work long hours and has the stamina to do so;
- Is dedicatedand committed to coaching and knows the value of winning.
- Adheres to the rules, regulations, and policies of the MHSAA and the Board of Education;
- Promotes and practices positive sportsmanship;
- Is prompt and accurate in submitting all required reports;
- Continues to grow professionally;
- Develops a good rapport with parents, patrons, news media, radio and television personnel, assistants, teachers and administrators;
- Works with other staff to assist athletes in maintaining eligibility;
- Is responsible for the conduct and well-being of players and assigns proper supervision of players;
- Is accountable for all expense monies and fundraising dollars;
- Supervises assistants and assigns duties to them;
- Conducts regular meetings with coaching staff;
- Meets with parents and players to discuss philosophy of program and the responsibility of coaches and players;
- Ensures that facilities and equipment are maintained properly and reports needs to the Athletic Director or Administration;
- Develops and distributes to students written guidelines for participation;
- Encourages multisport participation throughout the school year;
- Views athletic participation as having a positive impact on studentsand knows the value of winning as it relates to growth and development of students and the program;
- Works to achieve a positive relationship with all audiences;
- Uses appropriate language at all times; and
- Is well-groomed, appropriately dressed and presents a good appearance.
OTHER ASSIGNED DUTIES: The Head Coach understands that from time to time the Athletic Director may assign additional duties.
REPORTS TO: The JV Head Coach reports to the Varsity Head Coach and Athletic Director.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: All coaching assignments are for one year and subject to annual approval of the Athletic Director.
EVALUATION: Performance of this position will be evaluated annually by the Athletic Director as appropriate.