Job Role: CleanerPost Title: / Cleaner
Grade: / 1 (£7.65 per hour) / Hours: / Various Hours available Mon to Friday (starting from 3.30pm),Term Time Only – (38 weeks per year)
Undertake, normally as part of a team, the cleaning of designated areas within the School to ensure that they are kept in a clean and hygienic condition. Provide cover to areas as directed by the SSO: Cleaning.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleaning, washing, mopping, sweeping, buffing, vacuum cleaning of all designated areas in accordance with the cleaning specification.
- Regular shampooing of carpets.
- Emptying of rubbish bins (washing and replacing bags).
- Polishing and dusting of the designated areas (includes toilets) using appropriate coloured cloths.
- Clean toilets to specification.
- Cleaning windows, fixtures and fittings, using where appropriate powered equipment and cleaning materials according to the agreed procedures.
- Use appropriate coloured cloths and mops on designated areas.
- Moving furniture and equipment to assist cleaning.
- Open and lock doors as required collecting and returning keys as necessary.
- Shut windows if within reach and turn off lights.
- Ensuring that work is carried out to the standard required by the SSO: Cleaning.
- Act in accordance with Academy Policy practice that students and staff are treated courteously.
- Ensure that a radio is collected and approved appropriately.
- Ensure that safe working methods are followed.
- Ensure that personal protective equipment is used.
- Ensure that cleaning materials are stored safely and in correct containers.
- Ensure that all equipment and machinery is kept clean and stored safely.
- Ensure that cleaning supplies are available from the SSO: Cleaning for the forthcoming week.
- Report through the Academy reporting procedures, necessary repairs and faults to equipment.
- Work in a flexible manner with regard to staff sickness/absence and provide cover as directed by the SSO: Cleaning.
- Attend training as determined as appropriate by the SSO: Cleaning
- Alert the SSO: Cleaning to any potential difficulties in fulfilling this job description.
AND such duties as are within the scope and the spirit of the job purpose,
the title of the post, and its grading.
This Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All posts within this Academy are exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and, as such, appointments to these posts will be conditional upon receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via The Disclosure and Barring Service. A copy of the Academy’s Child Protection Policy statement is enclosed.
All duties and responsibilities must be carried out with due regard to the Academy’s Health & Safety Policy and Health & Safety at Work Act.
Post holders will be accountable for carrying out all duties and responsibilities with due regard to the Academy’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
Duties which include the processing of any personal data must be undertaken to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Postholders will be expected to comply with the Academy’s Acceptable Use of ICT Policy.
WEST COVENTRY ACADEMY
IS A NON SMOKING SITE
SUPERVISION RECEIVEDName: / Richard Smith / (or successor)
Post Title: / Senior Site Services Officer
Or Alternatively: / Eileen Swords – Finance & Premises Manager
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION*
Regularly supervised with workChecked by Supervisor. /
Left to work within established guidelines,
Subject to scrutiny by supervision.
Plan own work to ensure the meetingof defined objectives.
Employee Signature: ______Date: ______
Line Manager Signature:______Date: ______
UPDATED: September 2017