Zhang & Associates, P.C.
7324 S.W. Freeway, Suite 1088, Houston, TX77074
Tel: (713) 771-8433; Fax: (713) 771-8368;
This ATTORNEY-CLIENT AGREEMENT ("Agreement") is entered into by and between ______(Client) and Zhang & Associates, P.C. (Attorney).
- SCOPE AND DUTIES: Client retains Attorney to provide legal services in connection with immigrant petition for ______(Beneficiary) through the reduction in recruitment (RIR) process of labor certification application sponsored by ______(Employer) only.
- GUARANTEE OF PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCE: Attorney agrees to use due diligence in furthering Client's best interests under the laws. Attorney is liable to Client for Attorney's negligence or incompetence. However, Attorney makes no guarantee of the outcome of this representation.
- ATTORNEY'S FEES: Client agrees to pay for legal services as follows: Upon execution of the Agreement, Client pays non-refundable ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($1,500.00) to Attorney as retainer fee to prepare the application for reduction in recruitment. When Forms 750A & 750B and the recruitment report are ready for filing, Client must pay non-refundable FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($500.00) to Attorney. Once the Department of Labor approves the labor certification, Client must immediately pay non-refundable ONE THOUSAND AND FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($1,500.00) to Attorney. Once Attorney have the I-140 documents ready for filing, Client must pay non-refundable Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00). When the Immigration and Naturalization Service approves the I-140 immigrant petition, Client must immediately pay non-refundable FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($500.00) to Attorney. If Client retains Attorney to submit the I-485 application for adjustment of status, Client must pay non-refundable One Thousand DOLLARS per person ($1,000.00/person, $1,500 / 2 persons; $1,800/3 persons.) as attorney's fees.
- DOL ACTION: If DOL issues Notice of Finding and the Client wishes the Attorney to prepare documents to respond to the DOL, the Client must pay Seven Hundred Fifty Dollars ($750.00) to Attorney. This amount is against the attorney fees at the time of approval. Therefore, if the Labor Certification is eventually approved by the DOL, the Client only need to pay Seven Hundred and Fifty Dollars ($750) for the Labor Certification approval attorney fees.
- MODIFICATION: Any modification of the Agreement must be in writing and signed by Client and Attorney.
- PRIOR AGREEMENTS: This Agreement incorporates all prior agreements and understandings between Client and Attorney.
- EFFECTIVE DATE: This Agreement shall become effective if both Client and Attorney sign it and upon Attorney's receipt of the retainer fee as listed in clause 3 above.
- WITHDRAWL: If Client withdraws the labor certification application after Attorney has filed Forms 750A & 750B and the recruitment report, Attorney's representation is complete and Client must immediately pay Attorney One Thousand and Five Hundred Dollars ($1,500.00). If Client withdraws the I-140 immigrant petition after Attorney has filed the same to the Immigration & Naturalization Service, Attorney's representation is complete and Client must immediately pay Attorney Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00).
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: This Agreement shall be governed and construed under the laws of the State of Texas. Client consents to the jurisdiction of the State of Texas and the venue of Harris County, Texas for any litigation regarding this Agreement.
- FILING FEES AND COSTS: Client shall pay all filing fees and advertisement costs to Zhang & Associates P.C. at the time of filing, including, but not limited to:
Advertisement Fee: Varies
I-140 filing fee: $175.00
I-485 filing fee: $385.00/person
(Filing fees are subject to change without notice.)
10) CONSENT PROVISION: SPECIAL CONSENTON WAIVE THE ATTORNEY’S OBLIGATION ON ATTORNEY-CLIENT CONFIDENTIALITY AMONG THE EMPLOYER, THE CLIENT, AND THE ATTORNEY.
Employer and Client understand that although it is the Client who retains Attorney through this Agreement for legal services, Attorney are, in fact and in law, representing both the Client and the Employer in the petition/application before the Depart of Labor and the INS. Therefore, both the Client and the Employer hereby expressly waive Attorney's obligations regarding Attorney-Client Confidentiality among the Client, the Employer and the Attorney: Any information related to the case that Client releases to Attorney may be released to the Employer by Attorney without any notification; any information related to the case that the Employer releases to Attorney may be released to the Client by Attorney without notification.
For credit card payment form click here.
Client: ______Date: ______
Attorney: ______Date: ______
By signing below, the Employer is NOT bound by any obligations to pay any attorney fees stipulated in the agreement and the signature below only bind the Employer to the above CONSENT PROVISION regard attorney-client confidentiality issue.
Employer: ______Signature Date______
Print of Name: ______Officer Title: ______
Please kindly make your check payable to Zhang & Associates, P.C., and mail it with a copy of signed agreement to Zhang & Associates, P.C., 7324 Southwest Freeway, Suite 1088,Houston, TX77074.