Job Title: Marketing and Social Media Assistant
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Description: The South Florida Science Center and Aquarium is seeking a creative,detail-oriented marketing assistant with strong communications skills to aid the Science Center’s marketing department. Opportunity to gain valuable experience while working ona variety of communication projects involving web content maintenance, social media, community engagement, and special event marketing.
Location: The South Florida Science Center and Aquarium; 4801 Dreher Trail North, West Palm Beach, FL 33405
Time Commitment: This is a part time position which requires a maximum of 20 hours per week, with opportunities for growth.
- Research, develop and maintain content on all social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
- Assist with updating content on Science Center website including monthly event listings, loading press releases and other information as needed.
- Manage and respond to online reviews (Trip Advisor, Google, Yelp).
- Attend and assist with Science Center events on and off-site.
- Produce e-marketing/e-blast campaigns through Constant Contact.
- Strong interest in marketing, events and non-profit communication.
- Ability to work independently and juggle multiple tasks at once.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to take initiative and perform follow up.
- Excellent computer and social media skills.
- At least two years of undergraduate work completed in Communications, Marketing, Digital Media, or other relevant field.
- Interest in Science Center operations and event management.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite andMicrosoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Graphic Design, Constant Contact, Outlook, and Google Drive.
Submit cover letter and resume to: Melinda Grenz,
Organization Background:The South Florida Science Center and Aquarium provides curious minds of all ages with an entertaining and educational journey through the latest discoveries in science and technology. Named South Florida Parenting’s 2017 Kids Crown Winner for Best Museum, SFSCA features more than 100 interactive exhibits, an immersive fresh and saltwater aquarium, full-dome digital planetarium, new Florida conservation-themed miniature golf course, and much more. A mind-opening experience for all! To learn more visit call(561) 832-1988.