Internship position at unicef supply division, copenhagen
Position:Innovation Lab Intern
Department: Innovation Unit, Directors Office
Duration:6 – 16 weeks
Essential Requirements:Currently studying for a Masters Degree – Successful candidates will need to provide a letter of enrolment and university transcripts
UNICEF Supply Division has recently opened its first Innovation Lab in Copenhagen. The Lab is a node in the chain of international innovation labs around our country office network: Uganda, Kosovo and Zimbabwe. The latest communication technology and multimedia equipment have been installed in to the creative and fully flexible workspace and the innovation unit seeks an 8weeksinternship starting in September 2012 to work on a specific tool to aid the users experience of the lab. The opportunity would be ideal for someone looking to combine good design with first class communication.
Based in Copenhagen, the purpose of this creative position is to develop and completea guide on the practicalities of using UNICEF Supply Division’s new Innovation Lab. The guide should be interesting, innovative in itself, fresh, attract curiosity, and above all user-friendly. Aimed at UNICEF staff, innovation partners, and external visitors, the guide should be available in printable as well as on-line formats.
The creation and use of the Innovation Lab presents a shift in culture to UNICEF Supply Division staff and we want to encourage teams as well as individuals to come, use and enjoy to space as an option to sitting in their office.
The intern will report to theInnovation Assistant, Innovation Unit.
Within the delegated authority and the given organisational set-up, the incumbent may be accountable for all or assigned areas of the following major duties.
- Using the latest graphics packages, the intern is to develop a creative and practical tool/guidance for users of the Innovation Lab. The tool will include everything from how to operate the equipment, to set up and configuration for workshops and seminars.
- Liaise with the knowledge management unit (KMU), administration and IT centres to offer information for the guide.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
Currently studyinga Masters level program in a Communications, Product, Graphic or InteriorDesign, Marketing, Digital Media,Journalism, related discipline, preferably with a focus on website content management or knowledge management.
- Development, creation or printed or online media, or interest in this area.
- Effective communicator of graphicaland written concepts to international audiences.
- Able to work well in a team environment with colleagues in Copenhagen and New York.
- Ability to quickly understand instructions, asks for clarification when needed, adapt and work independently to produce results on time.
- Able to work independently and problem solving oriented.
- Able to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships.
- Good communication skills:
- Knowledge of standard MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and a desktop publishing software such as Adobe Creative suite, InDesign, Quark etc.
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and web applications.
Fluency in written and spoken English is essential and in another UN language is an advantage.
Please send detailed resume and cover letter in English, quoting “Intern, Innovation Lab” to Ms. Sunita Kias at: . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications for this position must be received by Friday 7 September 2012
Innovation Website Intern, August 2012