EASTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY
“HOW DO I…”
…get security access to Banner Finance?
- Print a copy of the EWU-Banner Finance Security Form located on the web at: security form.doc
Complete the form as follows:
Section 1. General Person Information
- Enter your name, department and contact information as outlined on the form.
Section 2. Select Type of Security/Access Being Requested
- Meet with your supervisor to identify the type of access you will need to perform your job functions.
- Check the box that is applicable to this request. Most often you will be checking the box marked “Request General Access to Banner Finance”.
- Check mark the “Change Specific Fund/Organization Access” box only if you are requesting to change your specific Fund/Organization information that was originally set up; or
- Check mark the “Delete All Access to Banner Finance”.
Section 3. Select Additional Type of Access (if applicable)
- Check mark the appropriate boxes if there is any specialized access needed to perform your job functions, for example if your job functions include creating purchase requisitions you would mark the “Create Requisitions” box to remove Banner access.
Section 4. General System Access Information
- If you currently have access to the Banner Student system, check “Yes” and enter your Banner Login Name, if not, check “No”.
- Once you and your supervisor decide on your security access level go to to review the Banner Finance Training courses you will be required to complete. Register ( for the required training.
- Once you have completed Finance 201 – Introduction to Banner Finance, check “Yes” and enter the date you completed the course in the box provided. Your Banner Finance access will be initiated after the completion of this course.
Section 5. Banner Finance Specific Organization Access
- This section should be completed in conjunction with your supervisor. Enter all Organization Codes and Fund Codes that the supervisor is authorizing.
Section 6. User Responsibility Agreement and Approval
- Sign and date the bottom of the form. Both the employee and supervisor must sign the form.
YOU ARE NOW READY TO SEND THE COMPLETED FORM TO THE BANNER SECURITY OFFICER, Susan Himes at Huston 202.
Please allow 2-3 business days for this process to be completed.
The Banner Security Officer will assign you your user name, password and level of security. The Banner Finance Data Custodian will assign your Fund/Organization security levels. Once all security has been updated the Banner Security Officer will notify you with your log in/access information.