Communications Assistant (Video & Photographer) x 2
Accountable to: Arts SUCommunications Coordinator
Salary:London Living Wage -£9.40 per hour
Location: Central London, but may need to travel to events across London
Arts SU is looking for an organised and enthusiastic student with exceptionalphotographicand filming skills to join our Communications team on a part-time basis.
At Arts SU we hold lots of exciting, creative events that range from our Varsity sports competition, to independent exhibitions at some of London's best gallery spaces. In this role you’d spend most of your time photographing and filming out events, capturing the activity of UAL students across all six colleges. The task could be to attend an event and take pictures or take footage of a series of events.
You may also get to work with our Elected Officers on creating video content to promote their campaigns and activism - delivering change where it matters!
To be an ideal candidate for this fun position, you need to have a passion for photography, good knowledge of video editing, Photoshop and other editing software know-how as well as wanting to work collaboratively with a creative and friendly team.
If your application is successful, you will get to take photographs and create videos that reflect your perspective as an UAL student and play an integral role in building the student community for 2017-18.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent skills in photography
- Work effectively as part of a team
- The ability to work efficiently to a deadline
- Experience in creating video
- The ability to edit their own work and respond to feedback
- The ability to work without supervision and using own initiative
- Workingto a brief and delivering content efficiently to a deadline
- Review performance of content to continually ensure engaging content is created and shared
- Following Arts SU Comms guidelines
- Proactively reporting back to Communications Coordinator
- Feeding back insights to the Communications team
Before you submit your application, we recommend you check out our different communications channels:
- Website: arts-su.com
- Blog: arts-su.tumblr.com
- Twitter: twitter.com/ArtsSU_
- Facebook: facebook.com/artssulondon
- Instagram: instagram.com/artssulondon
Please apply using the Student Staff Application Form and Equal Opportunities Form provided and email it to
Closing date:Thursday, 12th October
Interview date:Tuesday 17th October
Arts SU is committed to fully representing UAL’s diverse student community, and we welcome applicants from allbackgrounds.