Application for a NCUK International
Foundation Year Scholarship
Academic Year 2018/19 /
Closing Date: Thursday 31 May 2018 (23:59 UK time)
Leeds University Business School’s mission is to make an exceptional impact on business and society globally through leadership in research and teaching. Our degree programmes aim to enable individuals to develop their academic potential, their employability, their global and cultural insight and their ethical awareness to enhance their potential to benefit business and society.
Up to 4 scholarships are available for exceptional international candidates commencing study on Leeds University Business School UndergraduateDegree Programmes in September 2018. One scholarship is available for students progressing in each of the following academic subject areas; Management (and related), International Business (and related), Economics (and related) and Human Resource Management (and related). The scholarships aim to recognise and celebrate candidates who demonstrate sustained academic excellence and the potential to make a significant contribution to Business School life. We will also consider a candidate’s potential to be a successful ambassador for the BusinessSchool.
Selection and award of the NCUK International Foundation Year scholarships is in two stages: i) an assessment of the supporting statement provided in this application ii) obtaining grades that met the conditions as stated in your study offer letter.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA – Please read this information carefully, as your scholarship application form will be automatically rejected if you do not meet ALL of the eligibility criteria listed below.
- You MUST first submit your study application form via UCAS and be in receipt of a UCAS Personal ID Number. Applications without a valid UCAS Personal ID Number will be rejected.
- You must be holding a conditional or unconditional offer for a place on a Leeds University Business School undergraduate degree course commencing in 2018. (For a full list of eligible programmes please visit our website:)
- To be considered for a scholarship you must complete the supporting statement section of this form addressing all the areas highlighted in the guidance notes.
- Scholarships will be awarded conditional on you meeting the academic grade conditions as stated in your study offer letter.
- Awards must be taken up in September 2018; they cannot be deferred to a later entry;
- The awards are available to suitably qualified applicants commencing study on Leeds University Business School Undergraduate Degree Programmes in September 2018;
- Applicants must be self-funding and classified as ‘overseas’ forfees purposes;
- The value of each award will be £3,500 for each standard year of study, paid towards the cost of tuition fees;
- The completed form should be submitted to the Undergraduate Admissions Office, , by no later than 23:59 UK time onThursday 31 May 2018.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE & RESULT
- Applicants will receive an email confirming receipt of their application within 2-3 working days;
- Applications will be considered on the basis of the application form and be awarded conditional upon youmeeting the conditions of your offer. Applicants shall receive the outcome of this first stage by Thursday 28 June 2018.
- The award of a scholarship shall be confirmed to successful candidatesholding an Unconditional Firm place by Friday 01 September 2018 and rated as an international (overseas) student for fees purposes.
UCAS Personal ID Number
Title (Miss/Ms/Mrs/Mr): Surname (Family Name): First Name(s):
Country of Birth: Nationality: Gender (M/F): Date of Birth:
Day Month Year
Programme of study for which you have applied:
SUPPORTING STATEMENT (Maximum 500 Words)Your statement is a very important part of your application. It is on this basis that we assess your academic achievements to date, the attributes you would bring to the degree course and your potential to benefit from study at Leeds University Business School. The scholarships aim to recognise and celebrate candidates who demonstrate sustained academic excellence and the potential to make a significant contribution to Business School life.
Please address the following issues clearly in your statement, providing supporting evidence and examples:
- What skills, experiences and attributes would you bring to your chosen degree course and what would these contribute to the course and the School?
- How will the opportunities available to undergraduate students at Leeds University Business School help you in your academic, personal and professional development?
Undertaking by applicants
By submitting this application, applicants attest to the accuracy of the information given and to their compliance with the regulations of the scholarship.
NAME OF APPLICANT:
Please submit yourcompleted application form to the Undergraduate Admissions Office, Leeds University Business School by no later than 23:59 UK time on Thursday 31 May 2018 by email to
Each degree course has three standard years. Optional years such as a Year in Industry or Study Abroad Year are excluded.