Career Preparedness

Career Preparedness

Career Preparedness


James Clemens High School / Teacher: / Travis Barnes
11306 County Line Road
Madison, AL 35756 / Email: /
Phone: / 256-216-5313
I. / Course Description: / Career Preparedness focuses on decision making, academic planning, career exploration and development, finances, technology and digital citizenship.
II. / Course Objectives: / Upon successful completion of this course, students will have participated in assessments regarding interests and aptitude, utilizing that information they will complete a four year plan. They will have awareness of the importance of their digital footprint. Students will also have examined the employment process.
III. / Classroom Expectations: /
  • Be in class on time, with supplies and dressed appropriately.
  • Be respectful of teacher, each other, and all school property.
  • The academic misconduct policy and attendance policy will be strictly enforced in this class.
  • Career Preparedness requires active participation. Be prepared to respond to questions and to participate in class discussions!!!
Concerning laptop utilization:
1. Student laptops should not be hard wired to the network or have print capabilities.
2. Use of discs, flash drives, jump drives, or other USB devices will not be allowed on Madison City computers.
3. Neither the teacher, nor the school is responsible for broken, stolen, or lost laptops.
4. Laptops and other electronic devices will be used at the individual discretion of the teacher.
IV. / Grading Policy: / Test grades will account for 70% of the 9-weeks grade, with the remaining 30% being determined by quiz/daily grades. The grading scale is as follows: A (90-100), B (80-89), C (70-79), D (65-69), and F (below 65). Grades will be a reflection of mastery of the standards. Make sure all absences are excused as class work can be made up and graded for excused absences only.
VII. / Materials and Supplies Needed: / Pen, pencils, paper for note taking. Composition notebook for journal activities. Additional supplies may be requested during the semester.

Wish list Items: Tissues, Markers and Hand Sanitizer

Dear Parent/Guardian,

I look forward to having a great year! I feel fortunate to have your child in my class this semester and hope that you will contact me should you have any concerns about the progress of your child or any aspect of the instruction. With your child, please read the attached policies, then sign and date this signature page and have your child return this form. Please provide a current email address and phone number at which I can contact you should the need arise. Please contact me at school with any concerns.

Thank you,

My child and I have read and discussed the classroom syllabus.

Student Name (Print) ______Date______

Student Signature______Date______

Parent/Guardian Name (Print)______Date______

Parent/Guardian Signature______Date______

Email address______(w) ______(h)

Phone number______(w) ______(h) ______(c)

Any additional information I should know about your child:

Page 1