Campus Community User Group Meeting
February 27, 2014
701-777-5900 – Conf 138189#
Admissions –Charlene Stenson – VCSU; Karon Erickson and Tess Gierke, BSC
Student Records – Sandy Fried – BSC; Rhonda Kitch - NDSU
Financial Aid - Katie Nettell – LRSC; Betty Kuss Schumacher – VSCU
Student Finance –Chelsea Larson- UND; Becky Lang, LRSC
Finance – Allison Peyton – UND
HR-Ann McGray - NDSCS
Campus Solution – Mary Bergstrom, Sheri Gilbertson, Tom McNaughton, Sue Klava, Ralph Tinjum, Brad Holcomb, Janie Adam, Angela O’Leary, Heather Hoyt
HR: Ann McGray - NDSCS
Minutes: January minutes – change made to indicate that CS is moving from Letter Gen to Comm Gen – then approved
Additional Agenda items: None added.
- Veterans Data Tracking using Peoplesoft – Rhonda Kitch
- Rhonda: Would like to see some things in place for fall.
- Angela from SF: Kim Larson will be heading workgroup – will identify individuals to represent on the workgroup. Once GSF project is in place, this will be next on the list.
- Group will identify functionality. Keep group small while identifying functionality first and then will expand to campuses and users for setup and implementation.
- Campus Community Status Report – Mary Bergstrom
- Mary will send out updated document later today. Document is now merged with Admissions report.
- GSF will be in place this Saturday.
- Changes moved to Collaborative report that were requested by Collaborative contacts.
- Moved indicator that shows what environment you are in to Prod so users can tell if in Prod or in Stage.
- WUE report added Northern Mariana Islands to report
- Working on MHEC report changes
- Other items are in process that wererequested by Admissions and NDUS office related to Pathways.
- Social Security Number Masking – Mary Bergstrom
- SF User group provided whitepaper on background for request.
- SR group discussed last week at their meeting. There is nothing to indicate to students where they would click to see and verify that information.
- SR group asked that this go out to students for their feedback.
- NDSU will be taking to their student government group. Will gather information and bring back for discussion. Will use SF doc as starting point for background and information. March/April work with stdt gov.
- LRSC will take to student government as well.
- Records will bring back student response to their meeting in May. Discuss again in CC group in May.
- Reorganization of developments under the NDU Applications – NDU Campus Community menu – Mary Bergstrom
- Several requests sent to users to review – check organization and functionality of reports
- Only reports have been organized – Use and Process functions have not been moved yet
- Will start moving changes to Prod Monday afternoon – will move in steps
- UND asked if some headings could be changed to be more descriptive
- “Core” – is for CTS reports – Mary B. will look at other naming options
- “Use” – delivered PS terminology - contains Collaborative student page – not a report, so it has not been moved – Mary B. indicated that Collaborative users will know that this information is still under “Use”
- CS move from Letter Gen to Comm Gen – Mary Bergstrom
- No date for when they will move all letters to CommGen
- Collecting letters right now from Admissions offices
- Some campuses use Hobsons instead, so they would not have anything moving to CommGen
- DR approval – Pop-up to alert student to review new communications on Campus Connection
- FA Group requested
- SF Group approved
- Admissions and Records groups have not met yet to consider – Sandy will add to the SR group agenda – Tess will add to Admissions group agenda
- Access to new reports – Chelsea Larson
- SF group asked if when new reports are created if they could just be added to existing roles so that users do not have to keep requesting additional security roles
- Mary B: National ID audit report is cross-module – SF, FA, Records needs – could not add to just 1 role, so it had to have its own security role
- SSN masking is based on permission lists, but reports cannot be created like that
- CC permission lists are created and added to certain SF or FA roles, etc., but this cannot be done for reports that contain sensitive data - they require their own security roles
- Proposed changes to the NDUS SRVC Ind Report – Chelsea Larson
- NDSU and SF group are requesting some changes to this report
- Indicate if service indicator is active or inactive – if date passed and impacts no longer in place, report either needs to show that field or not include that indicator at all
- Add prompts for SI and also reason code
- Chelsea will provide more details once NDSU submits their requests
- Send to all modules for adding to their agendas
- Have all modules provide input so all changes made at one time
- SR group meets end of May
Minutes submitted by Chelsea Larson, UND
Future Meeting Dates: Meetings will be held 4th Thursday of each month from 9-10:30.