Biddulph Darts League
Biddulph Darts League
- Games to be played on a standard match board.
- The “throw” shall be 7’ 9 ¼” measured across the floor from the face of the board to the back edge of the oche. The oche shall be fixed on the floor.
- A team shall consist of 5 players plus a reserve.
- A team may play with a minimum of 4 players conceding 1 game.
- The match shall be 2 doubles 1 leg 601; 5 singles of best of 3 Legs of 501. (Straight in double out). Plus a reserve game. (If a team has less than 6 players the opposing captain will draw the reserve player).
- Two points are awarded to the winning team.
- Away players shall throw first in games 1, 3, 5 & 7 plus the reserve game. (Legs 1 & 3).
- Players must sign the enrolment form which should be returned to the committee one month after the start of “The League”. New signings will then be considered at the monthly meetings until the halfway point of the season after which no further signings may be made.
- A team winning with unsigned players will have the result reversed.
- Transfers must have the unanimous support of the monthly meeting.
- Two weeks’ notice must be given for a postponement. If an away side fails to give at least 24 hours notice they shall be fined £5 to cover the cost of sandwiches etc.
- If there are any “Match” disputes, do not sign the result sheet and raise the matter at the next meeting.
- If a team has less than 5 players, the opposing captain may select the same number of players to go into the draw and claim the other games. (Except the reserve game, see rule 5).
- “The League” has no objections to the sex or locale of players.
- Entry fee £15. Subscriptions shall be £3 per week, paid at the monthly meetings. Merits entry fees shall be, £2 per player Singles & £4 per pair Doubles.
- There shall be a fine of £2.50 for non payment of subs by the due date.
- Each member of the sitting committee shall receive an annual honorarium of £25 when there fifteen teams or less rising to £35 when there are sixteen teams or more.
- There shall be a draw for £20 at each meeting; teams must be represented at the meeting to be included in the draw.
- A representative may only represent one team.
- Result sheets must be left behind the bar at the Crown & Cushion Biddulph by the Friday, following the match. Home team is responsible, late = £5 fine. If the result is phoned in the result sheet must be returned to the next meeting, failure = £5.
- Non payment of subs etc. for three consecutive months will result in the players of the team concerned being barred from “The League” for 12 months or until their part of the arrears including fines are paid.
- In the event of a tie for first place in “The League” a play-off on a neutral board shall decide the championship.
- Prior to the AGM members of the league shall have the opportunity to propose rule changes and only these proposals shall be allowed for discussion and voting at the AGM.
- Part of the prize money will be used to purchase trophies for the teams for the teams in the first three places (Minimum 6). Should the league have less than 14 teams these teams may choose to receive cash only.
- To be eligible for Merit competitions entrants must be signed players on the enrolment form. Eligibility of players signed after one month (see rule 8) will be subject to the committee’s discretion.
- Any matters not covered by the “League Rules” shall be decided by the committee.