AWARD DESCRIPTION - the Award for Corporate Social Responsibility Is in Recognition Of
2018 St. Lucia Business Awards
Award for Corporate Social Responsibility
AWARD DESCRIPTION - The award for Corporate Social Responsibility is in recognition of an organization/business that engages in corporate philanthropy of various kinds towards improvement of the community or society as a whole.
This award will go to the organization demonstrating consistent excellence in responsible sponsorship, corporate philanthropy, community outreach, environmental responsibility, or staff support. Specific initiatives including support for community projects, enhancement of conditions for work and home life within their community should be considered. The impact of the initiatives must be measurable through its economic impact and social impact.
Guidelines for Submission
Applications should be made by completing the application form with type written answers to all questions. All forms should then be submitted in print and electronically. Appendices can be submitted in support of the application where necessary. When attaching continuation sheets please ensure that they are properly numbered consistent with the question being answered. Printed copies should be securely attached utilizing staple or paper clip, ensuring that these sheets are clearly and consistently numbered with the relevant question.
First Name/ Mr Mrs. Ms.
Telephone No. / Fax No.
Company DetailsPlease complete these details as you would wish them to appear on any publicity or literature
Full Company Name
Type of Company / Small Business Medium EnterpriseLarge Corporation
Nature of Business / Sector
Business Registration Number
No. of Employees
- 1. Pleasegive a brief description of your business in less than 150 words. Include Company Mission, products/services and business operations in the context of the Awardwhich you are applying for.
2. Please describe why this Company should be recognised for excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility in less than 400 words. Applicants must clearly demonstrate all specific activities and/or initiatives that qualify them for the award. Discuss and outline key Corporate Social Responsibility activities initiated and implemented by your organization in the review period. In your response identify the specific benefits, beneficiaries and estimated costs of these actions. Please indicate and give examples how your firms’ policy changes or adjusts during tough times.
3. In less than 250 words, please describe how your Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives have impacted the community and/or St. Lucia. Include in your description your senior management’s involvement and contribution to improving the community in which you do business.
4. What are the key Pillars of your CSR Strategy :
5. In less than 250 words please describe how Corporate Social Responsibility policy has impacted your company and staff.
- How does your organization manage social responsibility activities within an ethical and legal/regulatory framework?
- Does your leadership perform self-audits and does senior management hold its employees accountable for actions impacting the environment and community?
- What activities are you involved in with regard to “Green initiatives’?
- How do you evaluate the actions of your leaders with regard to social responsibilities?
- Do you incorporate your company’s CSR leadership into their performance evaluations and compensation?
- How do you ensure that your employees act in an ethical manner?
- How do you reward and encourage volunteerism in your organisation?
- Discuss your policies, processes for addressing non-compliance by your employees?
6. Please provide the following information:
Chief Executive (name only)
Managing Director (name only)
Press/PR (name and contact no)
I hereby certify that the information given in this entry form is correct.
Name: / Position:
Signed: / Date:
RULES OF ENTRY
1. Each entry must be submitted on a fully completed application form (or copy thereof). Eight copies must be submitted and soft copies emailed to . (Please note: additional pages and supporting documents may also be attached, but the organizers take no responsibility for their safe-keeping and cannot return submissions).
2. Word count must be stated in areas where requested
3. Submissions exceeding 10% of the required word count will be disqualified
4. No adjustments are to be made to the forms
5. No applicant should have any pending court cases (Applicable for personal award)
6. Qualifiers for business of the year Award should submit applications in various categories
7. The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into before or after the judging unless feedback has been requested and paid for at the time of entry.
8. The entry must be received at the offices of the St. Lucia Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture by the close of business November 24, 2017.
9. The organizers are not liable for any costs incurred by applicants during their judging process.
10. Once a company is announced as a finalist, it cannot withdraw from the competition.
All entries should be delivered to:
The St. Lucia Chamber of Commerce, Industry
P.O. Box 482
Information provided within this application form or on additional continuation sheets will be disclosed to the judges on a strictly confidential basis and used exclusively for the purpose of judging The St. Lucia Business Awards. The St. Lucia Business Awards will return any supporting documentation provided for submission. All documents should be collected one week after the Award Ceremony has been held.