September 15, 2014 - VISA International has notified the credit union of a confirmed data breach at The Home Depot®stores for purchases made at any of their 2,200 U.S. stores with a debit or credit card from April forward. The investigation into this breach is ongoing and The Home Depot has not revealed how big the breach was.
Security of our members’ data has always been a top priority at Fresno County Federal Credit Union. As such, we will continue to closely monitor the transactions on your card accounts for any unusual activity and we encourage you to do the same. We are taking the necessary steps to minimize the impact to you.
What you can do now:
- Keep a close eye on your bank statements for anything that looks suspicious – you should be doing this anyway, but now’s a good time to give a closer inspection. You can check your accounts through online banking or on your web-enabled phone with the MyCU2Go mobile app for Apple and Andriod systems.
- Access the MyCU Connect Automated System by calling (559) 252-5000 to receive a review of transactions on your account(s). To use the automated system, after the greeting, select #1. From there, you will be guided to select the options appropriate to your account.
- At a Co-Op Network ATM, you can print out a receipt of your recent transactions.
Why you shouldn’t worry too much:
Your FCFCU debit and credit cards are covered by Visa’s zero liability policy, meaning you are not liable for any unauthorized charges made to your account(s). If you can verify that a transaction was not made by you or anyone with authorization to your account, please notify the credit union immediately.
Questions you may have:
- Do I need to put a fraud alert on my account with the credit bureaus?
This would only impact credit cards, not debit cards. At this point, it may not be necessary, but if you’d like to do so, you can contact the credit bureaus below:
Equifax – (800) 525-6285
Experian – (888) 397-3742
TransUnion – (800) 680-7289
- Do I need to request my card be blocked?
At this point, that may be unnecessary. Blocking your card will disable your card entirely. We are working closely with Visa to determine the cards actually affected. If your card was compromised, we will contact you just as soon as we receive the information.
- Do I need a new card?
There is no need to get a new card at this point. We are working closely with Visa to determine the cardsactually affected. If your card was compromised, we will contact you just as soon as we receive the information.
For updated information, please visit Home Depot’s website at
We will continue to monitor the situation and update this information as necessary.