Architecture, Design & Planning
Application toDISCONTINUE - NOT TO COUNT AS FAILURE (DC)
due to serious illness, injury or misadventure.
This application is for students enrolled in units administered by the Architecture Design and Planning, who have been precluded from completing a unit of study (UoS) due to an unexpected serious and long-term illness, injury or misadventure that cannot be adequately be dealt with through special consideration or disability services during the enrolled unit session.
Students are only required to apply for a grade of DC if they need to discontinue from a unit of study after the relevant withdrawal or DC census dates. Information relating to session dates for coursework studentscan be found here.
Conditions of approval:
- Provide a statement outlining the circumstances that have prevented you from continuing or completing your studies, which could not have reasonably been foreseen.
- Provide supporting documentation that demonstrate that the circumstances that were beyond your control, prevented you from withdrawing or discontinuing the unit(s) by the relevant withdrawal or DC census dates.
- Applications made after the last day of the session are required to further demonstrate circumstances that prevented you from applying prior to the last day of the relevant session.
PART A: Student details
Title: / Name: / Family Name:
Telephone: / Student ID:
Student mail: / Domestic:
Degree: / International:
I request a DC grade for the following unit(s) of study:
Unit Code / Unit Name / Session/Year
PART B: Examples of supporting documentation
Illness or injury / A professional practitioner certificate
Misadventure of student, their relative or close friend / Statutory declaration and appropriate supporting documents (eg eviction notice, police report).
Unexpected primary carer responsibilities / A professional practitioner certificate indicating your primary carer responsibilities
A statutory declaration indicating primary carer responsibilities
A professional practitioner certificate indicating illness of family member/close friend.
Natural disaster / A statutory declaration
A copy of a public record such as a weather report or online media coverage.
PART C: Student acknowledgement
I understand that my application for DC
- Requires supporting documentation and that the university may contact the individual or professional authority to verify the information and evidence provided as part of this application.
- May take up to four weeks to process
- Will be rejected if the application is incomplete or incorrect.
- May result in disciplinary action if I supply false or misleading information.
- If approved does not release me from any liabilities for fees and costs associated with the unit of study.
Signature: / Date:
Applications and inquiries are to be emailed to:PART D: Office use only
Application approved / Application declined
Signature: / Date:
2017 DC Application v02Page | 1 of 3