June 20, 2014
Upcoming Meetings and Events
- Wednesday, June 25, 2014Grant Halliburton Open House
- Friday, June 27, 2014EC/Candidate Progress Committee
- Tuesday, July 15, 2014Deadline for Continuing Education
Submissions – Programs and Coursework
- Friday, August 1, 2014Annual Meeting
- Friday, August 1, 2014 Billing for Annual Fees and Tuition
- Monday, September 1, 2014Due Date for Fees and Tuition
- January 13 – 18, 2015APsaA Annual Meeting/NYC
- We are exploring the use of “Authorize.net” to allow for bills (dues, tuition, registration) to be paid by credit card. You will be receiving a survey seeking your opinions on this issue.
- Chicago Meetings – following are three additional issues that were
discussed at the national meetings in Chicago:
4) Fundraising – The majority of Centers/Institutes have an annual appeal letter and an annual event to raise money for their organization. Across the board the majority of donors and/or attendees (85-95%) are members of the psychoanalytic community in the respective city. Even in those centers in which they successfully raise money annually, all except Dallas draw from reserves annually to cover expense.
5) Meeting Expenses – Uniformly other centers/institutes charge admission for all events. There is a reduced fee for members but there is always an attendance fee ranging from $10 - $250 depending on the event.
6) Community Outreach – Internally we have often thought community outreach meant events for community members. Other centers define community outreach as programs designed to draw in mental health professionals that aren’t currently active in the psychoanalytic community.
- Firearm Violence – With the recent rise in firearm violence APsaA has
released the following position statement:
- Financial News – Bills for Membership Dues and Tuition will be sent, via email, on August 1st and payments will be due on September 1st. If you have an outstanding balance you will be notified in the next two weeks and we would appreciate you clearing all balances by July 1st. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Elizabeth Buchanan at
- Nominating Committee - Please consider nominating yourself/others for
leadership roles in DPC. We are in need of:
Education Outreach Committee Chair & Members
Nominating Committee Chair & Members
Professional Development Committee Members
Please contact Gayle Marshall for details
- Curriculum Committee - Course and Faculty Evaluation Forms have been revised and sent to Candidates via Survey Monkey. We are hoping for 100% participation. If you have any questions or concerns please contact Marc Rathbun, Curriculum Committee Chair at r Elizabeth Buchanan at
- Programming – Any programs seeking CME/CEU credits for the 2014-2015 Academic Year, must be submitted with all supporting documentation by July 15th. Contact Elizabeth Buchanan at for forms.
If you would like to submit anything (articles, calendar items, quotes, book/movie recommendations…) for inclusion in the Friday Notes, please forward to: