The Icelandic Canadian Club of British Columbia
SCHOLARSHIP FUND REGULATIONS
1)The Icelandic Canadian Club of British Columbia has established a fund to provide financial assistance to students of Icelandic origin who are residents of British Columbia and who are beginning or continuing a program of post-secondary education.
2) The scholarship committee shall endeavour to award a minimum of two scholarships each year for an amount determined by the Scholarship Committee. Additional awards may be considered and authorized by the Committee from time to time.
3) These awards are applicable to students attending recognized post-secondary educational institutions for academic or technical studies.
4) Applicant must have been accepted at an accredited post-secondary institution.
5) Undergraduate Studies - All applicants must be full time students.
6) These awards shall be made on the recommendation of a Scholarship Committee whose members shall be selected by the supporting organization.
7) Applicant must have a minimum of one grandparent of Icelandic descent or, failing that, a parent (natural or adopted) or grandparent that is a member of the Icelandic Canadian Club of B.C. Consideration will be given to the applicant’s activity in the Icelandic community.
8) Applicants may be awarded only two scholarships in their lifetime regardless of the category.
9) These awards shall be known as the:
Icelandic Canadian Club of British Columbia Scholarships
- Entrance Awards are for students who are applying for funding for their first year of academic or technical studies.
- Undergraduate Awards refer to students applying for funds in the second year or more of their studies.
- Graduate awards refer to students who are in Masters or Doctoral studies.
Please check one:
Entrance____ Undergraduate ____ Graduate ____ Technical Studies ____
Name of applicant:
Qualifications in regard to Icelandic descent. Please be specific, giving:
- Birthplaces, and
- Birthdates of ancestors of Icelandic origin.
- See Item 7 in Regulations.
- Use a separate page or pages, if necessary.
School last attended:
Institution where you have been accepted:
Courses or Degrees you plan to take:
Have you received an award from the ICC of BC before?
What year? ______
- For Awards given at Entrance to post-secondary studies:
- Transcript of Grade XI and XII marks
- For all other awards include transcript of marks
- Letter describing each of the following:
- Past Academic Activities
- Extracurricular Activities
- Present Activities
- Future Career Plans
- Current photo of self
NOTE: THESE ENCLOSURES MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE COMMITTEE OR THE APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Signature of applicant:
APPLICATION MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN AUGUST 15th
AT THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:
Icelandic Canadian Club of BC, Scholarship Committee
c/o Scandinavian Community Centre
6540 Thomas Street, Burnaby, BC V5B 4P9