Strategic Planning Meeting
Molly Bauer, Kelly Bowden, Steve Lundin, Trina McVicker, Shaun Tofson, and Lisa Zautke present.
Bobbie Boettcher and Angie Galle-Sylvester absent.
- Board positions 2012-13
- Angie Galle-Sylvester has resigned.
- President- Trina McVicker
- Past President- Shaun Tofson
- Vice President- Kelly Bowden
- Secretary/Treasurer- Molly Bauer
- Registration- Kelly Bowden
- Co-Registration- Kim Meyer
- HRCI- Steve Lundin
- College Relations & Workforce Readiness- Bobbie
- Social Media- Lisa
- Other committee chairs
- Scholarship- To be determined
- Activities- Kelly Bowden; coordinates One Day To Make a Difference, Summer Event, and SHRM Foundation Basket
- Membership- Shaun Tofson; changes monthly invitation, membership brochure, membership application, and board brochure. Shaun will also look into having general SCPA business cards printed for board members to hand out when talking to others about SCPA.
- Board terms- Molly will review the term list and update accordingly
- Gifts- Kelly will look for promotional items we can have made with the SCPA logo and purchase enough for the whole program year.
- Timer- Whomever sets up the speaker is responsible for notifying the speaker when he/she has 10 minutes left for their presentation. Confirm procedure with speaker at the beginning of the meeting.
- Bylaws- We want to ratify the bylaws to combine Secretary and Treasurer and change terms of office. Each position will have a two year term, at which time the individual is up for re-election to the board. There will be no maximum number of terms. Shaun will contact our SHRM representative to discuss.
- Member Initiatives
- New Member Initiative (Paid for by State SHRM)- Two $50 Tanger Mall Gift Cards. Winners will be drawn at the October meeting. New member will be defined as: a member who was not a paid member last programming year and has paid their dues in full by September 30, 2012.
- Returning Member Initiative- To be eligible, members must have their dues paid in full prior to the September meeting. Five prizes ranging in value $50-100. Steve and Shaun will look into prizes.
- Non-Profit Grants- Boys and Girls Club of Sauk County approached us regarding a membership grant similar to the JJ Keller grant that would allow them to join our group at a discounted rate.
We approved a pilot program to offer them a free membership. They will be responsible for paying for their lunches.
We will evaluate the pilot program at the end of the 2012-2013 programming year, the community response, the need to continue, and the financial impact on SCPA.
Next meeting scheduled for Friday, June 15th, 11 AM, location TBD