Post: Domestic Abuse and Private Children LawSolicitor
- Founded in 1929 T V Edwards LLP has experienced rapid growth since 2008 and we are one of the largest family teams in thecountrywith an expanding private client base.
- The firm has twoLondon offices, in Clapham Junction and Whitechapel
- We are committed to providing a high quality service to all our clients whether privately paying or legallyaided.
- We are listed as a firm and as a family department in both the Chambers’ Guide to the Legal Profession and Legal 500with a number of individualfamily solicitors listed as recommended lawyers.
- Please see our web site for further information in relation to our areas of practice and the profiles of our staff.
The family department has staff based at Clapham Junction and Whitechapel. There are currently 2 member partners,2 salaried partners, 11solicitors,6 consultant solicitors, 2trainee solicitorsand 4paralegals in the department.We have excellent software that integrates time recording and billing with case management, the system being available remotely.
We have a strong commitment to professional training and development. We provide regular internal training for staff of all levels of experience, covering a wide range of topics, with guest speakers as well as members of the department delivering the sessions.
We have an electronic law library that guarantees access to up to date key texts and journals, in the office and at court.
Description of role
We are looking to recruit a family law solicitor to join our expanding family department.
- Running a caseload of domestic abuse and private law children cases undertaking advocacy on your cases and for colleagues
- Keeping up to date with general legal developments, particularly relating to own specialist field(s).
- Ensuring that practices and procedures in the firm and departmental manuals are accurately adhered to in order to maintain professional, Legal Aid Agency, Lexcel and firm standards.
- Working efficiently to ensure the continued profitability of the firm.
Appointment is subject to a six month probation period.Our comprehensive induction programme will introduce you to office systems and our electronic case management system.
- Qualified solicitor with an excellent academic background
- Experience of running domestic abuse and private children law cases
- Advocacy experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with the firm’s client group.
- Ability to work within departmental management processes and respond effectively to management requests
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise, work efficiently under pressure and meet targets.
- Commercial awareness
- Problem solving ability
- Highly motivated
- Good IT skills
- Experience of legally aided work and the Legal Aid Agency’s CCMS system
- Detailed knowledge of Legal Aid Agency’s regulations and guidance
- Experience of public law children cases
- Good marketing, networking, and business development skills
- Resolution Accredited Specialist/Law Society Family Law Advanced Accreditation
The application process
The firm welcomes applications from all sectors of society and is committed to equality and diversity in all aspects of practice and within this application process.
Please complete the application form and equality monitoring questionnaire available at:
Completed applications should be sent to .
Terms and conditions
- Your starting salary will be commensurate with experience
- You will be entitled to 23 days annual leave.
- The firm offers family friendly policies for example, child care voucher scheme.
1 / Domestic abuse & private Children law Solicitor Application Pack September2017