Position Description: Exhibitions and Public Programmes OfficerPosition / Exhibitions and Public Programmes Officer
Part-time - 4 days per week
Location / 381 Brunswick Street Fortitude Valley
Business Hours / 9:00 – 5:00 pm
Remuneration / Salary / $55,000 p.a gross per annum pro rata excluding superannuation
Superannuation / 9.5% Super as per ATO Guidelines
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- To develop and deliver a public programof prominence and relevance for artisan’s diverse stakeholders. To support the Curator to deliver an exhibition program of excellence.
- Work with the Curator to create a program of engaging events that reflect artisan’s mission and respond to the exhibition program
- Develop, coordinate and deliver artisan’s Public Programs activities, including artist liaison, workshop delivery, and marketing. This will include but is not limited to Openings, Artist/Curator Talks, Skills Workshops, Professional Development
- Manage the Public Programs budget with support from the Curator and CEO
- Coordinate and manage the administrative tasks for artisan’s Public Programs, including filing, invoice entry, visitor number records, database updates, rsvp recording and visitor evaluation (including yearly survey).
- Assist CEO with staffing of Public Programs (eg Saturday workshops, evening events)
- Assist with exhibitions-related tasks, such as assisting with freight arrangements, labels and didactics, and condition reporting where needed
- Work with the artisan team to assist with marketing collateral across advertising, media, artisan website, social media, catalogues and database channels, eg. Invitations.
- Any other duties as requested.
- Casual Programs Support Officer
- Volunteers and Interns
Current Driver’s Licence (preferable)
A permanent right to work in Australia; and
Ability to work outside regular office hours if and as required
A flexible working environment is highly valued within the organisation. Occasional evening, early morning or weekend work may be required in this position.Manual labour and the use of tools are required of this position.
This position reports to artisan’s CEO and Curator. Regular consultation with other members of the artisan team will be required, including the Marketing Officer, Administrator, and Retail staff.
LIAISON AND COMMUNICATION
This position may liaise on behalf of artisan with artists, curators, sponsors, representatives of government departments and funding bodies, academics, researchers, national and international institutions, writers, speakers and members of the public.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
You have obtained an undergraduate education within an arts-based discipline and have a keen interest in current trends and movements within the visual arts and craft sector. You have industry partnerships and connections and are committed to facilitating arts-related learning.
You possess organisational skills including the ability to manage various tasks and meet deadlines. You are diligent, efficient and effective in your processes and procedures and are proactive in learning new skills to attain this.
Supports productive working relationships
You actively work to develop productive and respectful relationships. You are self-driven with an ability to work independently. You believe in quality and can see things from a variety of perspectives.
Displays initiative and personal drive
You commit energy and drive to see that work tasks and objectives are achieved.
Communicates with influence
You have the ability to communicate clearly and precisely in a logical manner respondent to a variety of contexts. Your verbal and non-verbal communication is professional and appropriate.
Please send your application to
Deadline: Sunday 25 February 2018, 8pm