Kimagango Central Elementary School
Department of Education
Midsayap North District
KIMAGANGO CENTRAL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Kimagango, Midsayap, Cotabato
All children and young people have the right to go about their daily lives without the fear of being endangered, assaulted or harassed. No one should undervalue the force that bullying can haveon a person’s life. It can cause high levels of suffering, affecting children’s well-being, actions, educational and societal advancement right through into maturity.
In Kimagango Central Elementary School, we are dedicated to providing a compassionate, pleasant and protected environment for all of ourpupils so that they can learn in a comfortable and secure environment free from oppression and exploitation.Bullying is an anti social behavior and affects everyone. All types of bullying are unacceptable atour school and will notbe tolerated. All pupils should feel able to tell and when bullying activities is brought to our attention, timely and efficient action will be taken.
- All teachers, staff, pupils, parents and other stakeholders should have anunderstanding of what bullying is;
- All teachers, staff, pupils, parents and other stakeholders should know what the school policy is onbullying, and follow it when bullying is reported;
- All pupils and parents should know what the school policy is on bullying, and what theyshould do if bullying arises;
- As a school we take bullying seriously. Pupils and parents should be confident enough that they will besupported when bullying is reported; and
- Bullying will not be tolerated.
Mechanisms and procedures
- School Management
The subsequent steps may be taken when dealing with incidents:
- If bullying is suspected or reported, the incident will be dealt with without delay by themember of staff who has been approached;
- A comprehensible and accurate version of the incident will be recorded and given to the school principal;
- The school principal will set a conference to all concerned and will record the incident;
- Parents will be kept informed;
- Disciplinary measures will be used as appropriate and in consultation with all parties concerned; and
- If required and appropriate, police will be consulted.
Pupils who have been bullied will be supported by:
- Offering an immediate opportunity to discuss the experience with a memberof staff of their choice
- Comforting the pupil
- Offering constant support
- Restoring self-esteem and confidence
Pupils who have bullied will be helped by:
- Discussing what happened
- Discovering why the pupil became involved
- Establishing the wrong doing and the need to change
- Informing parents or guardians to help change the attitude and behavior of the child
The following disciplinary steps can be taken:
- Official warnings to cease offending
- Exclusion from certain areas of school premises
- Minor fixed-term exclusion
- Major fixed-term exclusion
- Permanent exclusion
Prevention and Intervention Programs
We will use some or all of the following to help elevate awareness of and avoid bullying. When appropriate, these may include:
- Writing and implementing a set of school rules
- Signing a behavior contract
- Having regular discussions during PTA assemblies about bullying and why it matters
- All teachers, pupils and their parents will receive a summary of this policy keeping out intimidation and bullying: at the beginning of the school year, as part of new pupil orientation, and as part of the school system's notification to parents.
- The school will make logical efforts to keep a report of bullying and the results of investigation confidential.
- To ensure bullying does not occur on school premises, the school will provide teacher development trainings in bullying prevention and cultivate acceptance and understanding in all pupils and teachers to build each school's capacity to maintain a safe and healthy learning environment.
Monitoring, evaluation and review
The school will review this policy annually and assess its implementation and efficacy. The policy will be promoted and implemented throughout the school.
Policy adopted by the School’s Child Protection Committee on the 26th day of June at Kimagango, Midsayap, Cotabato.
ESTELA P. BUENAFLOR MELANIO Q. TOMARING MARIE JEAN L. BELARMINO
Member Member Member
ARRAH YVONNE C. BIGWAS SYNNETTE F. SEVILLA HON. LANI S. ENERLAN
Member Vice-Chairperson Member
ROY F. BIGWAS