Kalumburu Aboriginal Corporation
PMB 10 Kalumburu via Wyndham WA 6740
Position Title:Youth Worker
Reporting to:Youth Program Coordinator
Supervises:Youth Trainees & Volunteers
Contract Period:2 Years (3 month probation)
Hours per week:38 hours per week
Working Hours:Standard hours are between 8am – 5pm,, Monday to Friday. However, it is expected that weekend work or evening work will be undertaken as part of the program schedule
Salary Package:- Wage component between $65,000 -$72,000
- 9.5% Superannuation
- Relocation Expenses to and from Kalumburu
- Fully furnished Accommodation provided
- 4 Weeks Leave plus Travel Allowance
- Additional 3 weeks remote leave plus travel Allowance
- 10 Sick days leave per year
National Police Clearance
WA Working With Children Check
Primary Purpose of the Job:
To support thedevelopment of the Kalumburu Youth Program including development of activity plans and implementation of activities in response to identified needs within the community.
-Develop a youth focused program that introduces activities and programs that will assist youth to develop life-skills, job-ready skills, personal safety & self-confidence.
-Supervise Youth Worker Trainees and support their self-development, training and attendance.
-Participate in the local Reference Advisory Group (local agencies) and Youth Committee.
-Prepare an Annual Youth Activity Plan that responds to identified need and establishes a reporting framework for managing KPI’s and Client Management.
-Manage referrals of young people to assist them to access professional/other service to support their personal development.
- Demonstrated experience in a youth focused or social services role
- Demonstrate experience in facilitating access to external professional counselling and psychological services
- Minimum of Diploma level in a Human Services field.
- Demonstrated experience in developing youth focused activities in response to youth and community needs and expectations.
- Open or C class license is mandatory
- Ability to obtain a WA Police Clearance and Working with Children’s Check
- Demonstrated understanding of the range of issues that affect Aboriginal people living in Remote Communities
- Experience working within the indigenous client sector
- Previous experience supervising staff or trainees in undertaking a variety of activities.
All applications must provide a resume and a max two (2) page cover letter outlining response to selection criteria. Applications must be submitted to
Closing Date for Applications is 22 May 2017