Job Title:Communications and resources Co-ordinator, Volunteer Programme
Salary:Grade F: £20,903 - £23,396 per annum
(dependent on relevant skills and experience)
Hours:37.5 hours per week
Base:17 Great George StreetBristolBS1 5DD
To be responsible for delivering the volunteer communications plan, with specific responsibility for co-ordinating and delivering national volunteer programme communications and managing and developing volunteer specific websites and volunteer content. To contribute to ensure all central support resources meet the demands of the evolving programme.
Place in organisational structure:
The postholder will report to the National Manager, Volunteer Programme.
Internal:National Manager, Volunteer Programme
Director of Nations and Regions
Volunteer team members
National Project Co-ordinators
Head Office staff
Members of the public
- To develop and deliver the volunteer communications plan encompassing all national volunteer programme communications activity, under the direction of the programme manager.
- To manage and develop volunteer specific websites and volunteer content on other websites liaising with both internal Sustrans departments such as IT and Communications and external service providers.
- To generate material for volunteer websites, commissioning material where required from regional, project and specialist teams
- To contribute to ensuring that core support resources for volunteers are in place and up to date and meet new demands as the volunteer programme develops
- To createand oversee relevant‘e’ communications using CTT or other systems.
- To produce the Movement and other print material.
- To provide generic communications material for use by regional and project teams.
- To be aware of and follow Sustrans’ brand guidelines.
- To contribute to appropriate training, advice and support to the regions as required.
- To assist with the management of other central volunteer management systems.
- To support volunteer events around the UK.
- To assist with other volunteer programme activities as part of a small team where fluctuating workloads will require flexibility on the part of team members.
- To support and comply with the organisation's Policy for the management of Health and Safety.
- To work in accordance with the arrangements described in the organisation's health and safety management system including any project or department specific requirements.
The post holder will be based in offices in Central Bristol.
This job description does not form part of the contract of employment, but indicates how that contract should be performed. The job description may be subject to amendment in the light of experience and in consultation with the jobholder.
Manager, Volunteer Programme
Communications& Resources Co-ordinator, Volunteer Programme(SUS895)
Person SpecificationCriteria / Essential
Qualifications, education and training / Educated to degree level or equivalent/equivalent relevant experience
Experience / Experience of managing and developing websites
Experience of managing e-communications
Experience of producing communications materialsuitable for a variety of audiences
Experience of generating, writing and commissioning material for websites and print
Experience of newsletter production
Skills and abilities / High level of IT literacy, particularly database management
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to use own initiative
Excellent administration, organisation and prioritisation skills
Ability to follow and impose brand guidelines across a variety of media
Ability to work flexibly, as part of a team
Knowledge / A good understanding of volunteering and volunteer supervision
Other / Strong commitment to the ideals of Sustrans
Criteria / Desirable
Experience / Experience of supporting events
Experience of using CTT or similar to manage e-communications