Immediate Employmentby ARIJ, Amman - Jordan
ARIJ – Arab Reporters for Investigative Journalism (is the only region-wide organization in the Arab world exclusively dedicated to advancing investigative journalism (IJ), creating a community of support for IJ practitioners in the region, and linking them to international peers. Founded in 2005, it now supports the IJ culture in nine countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Iraq, Lebanon, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia and Yemen.
ARIJ’s vision is to advance excellence in investigative journalism with the aim of increasing accountability, transparency and access to information in the Arab world for the public good. Its three main activities are: running training workshops for journalists; supporting production of high standard investigative reports and ensuring their publication or broadcast; and running an annual regional IJ conference that brings together IJ professionals from the Arab region and around the world to share, learn and celebrate their vocation.
ARIJ seeks a full-time, dynamic Program Director to join its highly motivated and committed team and to manage implementation of a new three-year program plan. The ideal candidate should be/have:
- Resident in Jordan and eligible to work in Jordan( nationality is not an issue)
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in planning, securing funding, and managing multinational staff and projects with multiple international donors and complex budgets.
- Well-developed managerial, leadership and communication skills and be able to thrive in a multicultural workplace.
- Strong strategic thinking and reporting abilities.
- Committed to team building and mission-driven service.
- Very strongin Arabic & English communication; skills should include proven grant proposal- and donor report- writing experience (English).
- Holder of a post-graduate degree (Project Management, Business Administration, Public Policy, or other related field is preferred) but solid work experience is critical.
- Knowledgeable re: contemporary MENA region political, social and media issues.
- Work experience in media/journalism is an asset but not required.
Qualified applicants are encouragedto submit their CVs with an email statement of interest (in English) summarizing how your experience is relevant to the post, specifying in the subject line, “Program Director Job.” CVs without statements will be discarded. Please direct all correspondence to:
Deadline: 10 June 2015
Only those selected for serious consideration will be contacted; references will be requested. Thank you for your interest.
تلفاكس:0096264640406 الموقعالالكتروني: ص.ب: 942456 عمان 11194 الأردن
Telefax: +96264640406 Website: P.O.Box: 942456 Amman 11194 Jordan