HOLLYWOOD LAKES GOLF CLUB – LADIES CLUB
Introducing 9 Hole Handicap Qualifying Competitions
- We sought approval from the Ladies Golfing Union of Ireland (ILGU) to introduce 9 hole handicap counting competitions. The ILGUhave now sanctioned a 9 hole course which will comprise our existing holes 1st to 9th holes and will have a par of 37 from the red markers with an SSS of 73.
- The 9 hole competitions will commence, on a trial basis, on Wednesday 19th April and its success or otherwise will be determined at the end of the golfing season.
- The 9 hole competitions will be open to all full Lady members who, on Sundays, will have a choice of playing in either the traditional 18 hole competition or the new 9 hole competition – but not in both. The existing online booking system will apply with an entry fee of €4. Specific 9 hole competition time slots will be inserted to the Sunday time sheets. These slots will be for 9 hole entrants only. If the slots are not filled two days in advance of the competition date they will be made available for 18 hole entrants.
- Open 9 Hole Competitions will take place on Wednesdays. The onlinetime sheet will be in operation for these competitions. The fee will be €4 for members and €10 for visitors.
- Every 9 Hole competition must be Stableford format in order for the CONGU handicapping software to work out the results and handicap changes. All 9 hole competitions will be played in the stableford format from the red markers using the new 9 hole handicap counting card. Information on 9 hole handicapping is detailed within this notice.
- In relation to all 9 hole counting competitions players are required to be aware of their exact handicap. Calculation of the handicap allowance for 9 hole qualifying competitions is detailed below within this notice and is required to be applied to all handicaps in accordance with ILGUrequirements.
- You must register with the Pro Shop prior to playing. When reporting to the Pro Shop to collect your card, please be aware of your exact handicap.
- When playing in the 9 hole competitions please use the computer to both sign in and return your score making sure (for Sunday competitions) you select the 9 hole competition and not the 18 hole competition. The computer screen will be split to facilitate the choice of competition you wish to enter.
- The gross score and points for each hole must be marked on the scorecard.
- Enter you gross score for 9 holes into the computer and sign your card as normal.
- A 'neutral' 18 points for the 9 holes not played is added to the 9 hole Stableford score to determine whether players have played within, or better than, their buffer zones. For handicap purposes, when a player fails to return a score within their buffer zone the points accumulated over the 9 holes is doubled. This provides a realistic indication of ability for handicap purposes.
- Members’ handicaps are adjusted following competition and are available for members to view their exact handicap on and on Golfnet.
- It goes without saying that the prizes awarded for the 9 hole competitions will naturally be dependent on the number of entrants.
Ladies Club Committee
CALCULATION OF 9 HOLE HANDICAP ALLOWANCE
9-Hole scorecards have been produced and Handicap strokes must be taken according to the Stroke Index for the 9-Hole Course.
A Nine-Hole Competition Handicap Allowance must be calculated as follows:
[Exact Handicap + Nine-Hole SSS – (Nine-Hole Par x2)] / 2
For example, if the player has an Exact Handicap of 12.8 and the Nine-Hole SSS and Par are 73 and 74 respectively the Nine-Hole Competition Handicap Allowance is:
[12.8 + 73 – (37 x2)] / 2
85.8 minus74 = 11.8 divided by 2 = 5.9 (Rounded to 6)
However, to save you the bother of calculating your 9-hole Handicap allowance, the Handicap Conversion Chart below provides you with your 9 hole handicap.
Copies of 9-Hole Handicap Conversion Tables are located in the Pro Shop and the Locker Room.LADIES 9 HOLE QUALIFYING HANDICAP CONVERSION CHART
Exact 18 hole handicap / Playing 9 hole handicap
1.0 – 1.9 / 0
2.0 – 3.9 / 1
4.0 – 5.9 / 2
6.0 – 7.9 / 3
8.0 – 9.9 / 4
10.0 – 11.9 / 5
12.0 – 13.9 / 6
14.0 – 15.9 / 7
16.0 – 17.9 / 8
18.0 – 19.9 / 9
20.0 – 21.9 / 10
22.0 – 23.9 / 11
24.0 – 25.9 / 12
26.0 – 27.9 / 13
28.0 – 29.9 / 14
30.0 – 31.9 / 15
32.0 – 33.9 / 16
34.0 – 35.9 / 17
36 / 18