Page 1 of 2
Forsters job descriptionForsters is a Mayfair-based law firm which delivers exceptional legal results to its clients who are principally from the real estate and private wealth sectors. Whatever our client's objectives, we take a collaborative approach to find solutions tailored to the client's specific needs. We believe our engaged and friendly manner, combined with the delivery of concise, clear and commercially led advice helps to build long lasting relationships with our clients.
Forsters has 44 partners and 300 members of staff.
For more information on Forsters, please visit our website at
Job title: / AML Compliance Officer– 6 month fixed term contract
Reports to: / Head of Risk and Compliance
Team: / Compliance
Hours: / 9.30 to 5.30
Job summary: / To assist the Compliance team in ensuring compliance with the UK Money Laundering Regulations and other relevant legislation and guidelines.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To assist the Compliance team to answer AML queries raised by all members of staff and to escalate these to the Head of Risk and Compliance and MLRO as and when appropriate
- Review CDD conducted to assess whether the AML requirements have been satisfied in line with risk levels
- To review client matters files (existing and new) to ensure proper client opening, CDD and ongoing monitoring and procedures have been followed
- To review files and re-check CDD pre-completion stage of residential conveyancing files
- To assist in establishing a more robust ongoing monitoring programme including implementation of new software and review of initial results
- To help identify process issues to ensure greater efficiency in the AML/CDD process across all parts of the business
- To communicate regularly with, and to immediately report any problems or potential areas of compliance concern to, the Head of Risk and Compliance as appropriate
- To support the Head of Risk & Compliance and others with AML roles throughout the firm
- Other relevant duties as and when required.
- Educated to degree level (LLB preferred, England & Wales or equivalent jurisdiction)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- A high standard of written and oral communication
- Positive and robust attitude with a high level of personal motivation
- Will always strive for excellent levels of internal and external client service.
Forsters LLP 31 Hill Street London W1J 5LS | DX: 82988 Mayfair
T: +44(0)20 7863 8333 | F: +44(0)20 7863 8444 | W: