Executive Director Report-Sept. 2011
Listed below are the meetings attended, task preformed and resources sought to help achieve our strategic goals.
Goal #1: All ORSI properties are self-sustaining financially. We will ensure that each property is managed within revenues dedicated to that purpose (without impacting other properties).
- Maintained 100% occupancy at IVM, RAM & OCBDD Houses
- Assisted SMHA with Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Application Program
- Continued to assist with TBRA participants
- Accessed Revolving Loan dollars to assist tenants with seasonal employment
Goal #2: AllOttawaCounty residents who need specialized housing will have access to it. We will make sure that ORSI is able to provide housing or a housing solution that meets their need.
- Attended tenant WRAP Meetings
- Attended monthly Council Health & Social Concerns Meeting
- Attended monthly Mental Health & Recovery Board Housing Committee Meeting
- Attended monthly OC Housing Collaborative Meeting
- Attended ORSI Board Meeting
- Attended OttawaCounty Housing Authority Meeting
- Met and assisted in designing Homeless Coalition Work Group
- Attended DHN Board Meeting
- Attended DHN NWO Regional Meeting
- Attended 2 DHN Webinars-Panelist on 1
- Met with Executive Director for DHN to review State CCA Info & Grant Apps.
- Met with SMHA
- Worked on relocation of Fire Victims
Goal #3: ORSI will provide a higher level of services to our current and future customers. We will take care of our properties and respond to our tenant and customers needs.
- Monthly Staff Meeting review of Projects & WO’s
- Attended WRAP Meetings
- Worked with Housing Collab. Work Group to design 10 yr Homeless Plan
- Assisted tenants receiving vouchers with tenancy paperwork
- Attended to Fire Victim’s Needs & Relocation
- Attended DHN Webinar’s re: Housing Corp. Operations
Goal #4: ORSI will focus sustained effort on the health of the organization. We will pursue board and staff development, improve internal processes, and invest in administrative infrastructure.
- Working w/ Michelle Ish re Updates to Policies
- Working with DHN to develop policies and best practices for the non-profit housing industry.
- Joined OttawaCounty Safety Council
- Registered Staff and ED for CDC Conference
- Registered Staff and ED for DHN Housing Symposium
Goal #5: ORSI will proactively achieve our mission by organizing our work and providing for our future in a strategic, planful way. We will research and develop thoughtful plans and implement them.
- Working w/ OCBDD re Housing Survey to develop long range Housing Plan
- Worked SMHA to develop a weekly application pick and return schedule.
- Working with Housing Collab to design a 10 yr plan to address homeless ness in OttawaCounty.
- Working with DHN to design best practices to offer to non-profit housing corporations
- Served as a panelist for DHN Webinar re: Strategic Plans