Digital Photo Assessment Proposal
DIGITAL PHOTO ASSESSMENT PROPOSAL
For this assignment, you will propose a media-based assessment approach that you can use in a lesson or unit you currently teach as part of your curriculum.
- Reflect on the different ways in which students can use digital photos to create products that demonstrate mastery of content and technology standards.
- Think of a lesson/unit for which you could assign your students the task of creating a digitalphotoproduct that will be used to assess their performance. (Note: We encourage you to use a lesson or unit that you are already teaching, but for which you are using a more traditional assessment approach now).
- Use the right hand column in each of the tables to respond to the questions.
About youYour Response
- Your name:
- Group member names (if applicable):
About the Lesson/Unit
- What curriculum area(s) (i.e. subjects) does the lesson cover?
- What is the grade or grade range in which the lesson or unit is taught?
- Write a brief summary or overview of the lesson or unit.
About the Proposed Assessment Approach
- What digital photo product will your students create? (describe briefly)
- What criteria will you use to assess the digital photo products? (list)
- Appropriate photos depicting each step
- The material is focused on the topic
- Check to see Measurements are recorded properly
- Look for creativity
- What, if any, tools will you use to assess the digital photo products? (list)
- Rubric assessing group work and other criteria
- What, if any, other assessments will you use in this lesson/unit? (list)
- Measurement quiz on Area, Surface Area and Volume
- Quiz on Scale measures and proportions
- Journal documenting the project process and what they’ve learnt
Think About It
- What does a teacher gain from using digital photoproducts as part of the assessment for this lesson/unit?
- What possible challenges should the teacher plan for when using digital photoassessment products in this lesson/unit?
- What does the student gain from creating digital photoproducts as part of the assessment for this lesson/unit?