COOPERSVILLE AREA PUBLIC SCHOOLS
198 East Street
Coopersville MI 49404
“One Community, One Campus…Endless Opportunity!”
Coopersville Area Public Schools
ELEMENTARY PRINCIPAL– 2 Positions
Effective Date: - July 1, 2015
Coopersville Area Public Schools with a tradition of excellence, serves approximately 2,600 students. All buildings and facilities are located on one campus and have been recently renovated to provide an excellent learning environment for our students. Coopersville Area PublicSchoolsare focused on students and their individual learning needs. Our elementary principal serves as the school leader responsible for facilitating the education of our students including the leadership and organization of the instructional program, administration and organization of the school, and supervision of staff personnel and students. In addition, the principal is responsible for carrying out instructional initiatives of the district, particularly the Strategic Plan, and those identified by building and district school improvement plans.
Primary Instructional Functions
- Coordinates and implements the instructional program for Coopersville Elementary Schoolensuring a quality education for all students.
- Serves as a leader for effective teaching and learning strategies.
- Provides a safe and orderly school environment in a climate of high expectations for self, staff, students, and parents that enhances a zero tolerance philosophy.
- Facilitates the implementation of the district's Strategic Plan at the building level.
- Reviews teacher plans/performance to ensure that all elements of the curriculum are taught in an environment where all students experience success.
- Establishes and maintains a cooperative working relationship with parents and community including existing and/or future collaborative partnerships. Interprets the school program and involves community on a regular basis.
- Leads the PLC process among the building staff.
- Facilitates the special education referral process. Provides appropriate inclusion of special education students in the total school environment.
- Participates in staff development/inservice programs to enhance professional or personal skills of staff and self.
- Interacts with co-workers, administration, students, and parents in a positive and supportive way.
- Reliable, consistent attendance is a requirement and essential function for all staff positions.
Primary Management Functions
- Outstanding leadership and integrity.
- Effective and clear communication skills both written and oral.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution.
- Comprehensive understanding of curriculum and instruction with relevant training.
- Demonstrated effective team building and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of organizational and management practices as applied to the analysis and evaluation of school programs, policies, and operational needs.
- Proven instructional leadership skills.
- A strategic vision with attention to detail.
- Strong budget skills.
- Focus on students with proven ability to help all students succeed.
- Supervisory experience with extracurricular activities.
- Ensures that the procedures and policies of the school district are implemented.
- Facilitates the operation, maintenance, and use of the school building and grounds.
- Procures and provides for effective use of instructional materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Coordinates the unique needs of students and Human Services Agencies through inter-agency collaboration.
- Provides for the supervision of students during non-instructional hours (before school, lunch, after school, bus loading, and unloading).
Preparation, Training, Education, and Experience
- HoldsCurrentState of Michigan Administrative Certification.
- Prior elementary principal experience preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Masters Degree in Elementary Administration, Supervision, or Education preferred.
- At least five years successful teaching experience at the elementary level or other equivalent experience.
- Experience with the school improvement process, data analysis, and State mandated testing procedures.
- Working knowledge of Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (RTI, etc).
- Knowledge of and/or involvement with Special Education Programs.
- Knowledge of and/or involvement with State/Federal Programs and related reporting.
- Has exhibited leadership skills in effective problem solving, human relations, and interpersonal communication skills whilebringing staff, students, and community together to achieve a shared mission.
This description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.Additional duties may be assigned by the Superintendent.
Compensation: $73,474 - $96,379
Qualified applicants should submit the following:
- Letter indicating interest in the vacancy
- Current professional resume
- Names, titles, addresses, and contact information of current references
- Professional credentials from university – all transcripts and certificates
- Four (4) letters of professional reference written in the last four years
Please apply via the district’s online AppliTrack system:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 28, 2015