8629 Brentwood Road, Omaha NE 68114
b.s. management science, mit
Developing original perspectives on companies and investments
through systematic analytical research and critical evaluation
Dynamic, industrious, highly motivated professional offering a broad range of experience in the financial services industry; consistently achieving outstanding results and leading teams effectively. Adept at maintaining quality of output while dealing with deadline pressures and high workload.
Results-oriented, critical thinker with a deep passion for effective communication; accurately identifies problems and opportunities; engages in new strategy development and analysis, thrives in a highly demanding environment through excellent priority management.
- Highly resourceful and results-focused business valuationprofessional with progressive experience in business development, commercial andinvestment banking.
- Enterprising problem solver with strong work ethic consistently exceeding expectations by finding new and creative solutions within the firm and for clients.
- Well-versed in all facets of business, finance and markets involving banks, hedge funds, pension funds and private industry, including goal setting, strategic development and risk analysis.
- Ability to understanding complex financial, legal andtechnological and issues quickly and communicate them in a clear and understandable manner.
- Business Development
- Self Motivated
- Business and Investment Valuation
- Financial Analysis
- Global Perspective
- Technical and Financial Writing
- Relationship Building
- Project Management
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCEValuations Consultant Omaha, Nebraska, Oct2014 -
- I produce valuations of private debt and equity investments for Hilco Global.
Solutionary Omaha, Nebraska
Solutionary, an NTT Group security company, is the leading pure-play managed security service provider (MSSP) that delivers managed security services (MSS) and security consulting services to mid-sized organizations, government entities and large, global enterprises to reduce risk, increase data security and support compliance initiatives.
Sr. Financial Analyst / Oct 2013 – June 2014
- Prepared annual budget.
- Analyzed monthly variance.
Total Wellness Omaha, Nebraska
TotalWellness has been partnering with companies for more than a decade to lower healthcare costs, prevent diseases and create corporate health and wellness solutions to foster a safer and more productive work environment.
Assistant to Controller / Oct 2012 - Oct 2013
- Prepared invoices: receivables and payables.
- Organized financial data and spreadsheets.
Twisplays, inc. New York, New York
Founder and CEO / Sept 2009-Oct 2012
- Invented a product Twisplays – Twitter displays – and founded a company that soldinnovative social media signage.
- Marketed valuation services to attorneys, hedge funds, commercial banks and investment banks.
Weiser LLP New York, New York
Founded in 1921, Weiser LLP provides accounting, auditing, taxation, management information, consulting, and financial advisory services.
Senior Manager, Valuation and Corporate Finance / Dec2008-April 2009
- Produced valuations of closely held family businesses for tax planning purposes.
- Produced valuations of some of the world’s largest real-estate holding companies for one of the world’s largest pension funds.
Houlihan, Lokey, Howard & Zukin New York, NY
International investment bank that advises middle-market and large public and private companies. Its main service lines include M&A, financial restructuring and financial advisory.
Investment Banking Consultant / Dec 2005 - Dec 2007
- Determined the fair market value of companies and investments by analyzing financial statements and legal documents.
- Streamlined the production of valuations by documenting both the financial and legal analysis.
- Identified mispriced investments and calculated accurate pricing.
- Produced mark-to-market valuations (“Opinions”) for over one hundred different hedge fund investments in a variety of companies and assets, such as debt, equity, aircraft engines, movie libraries, oil and gas royalties, CDOs and real-estate holdings.
- Used methodologies such as discount cash flow, weighted average cost of capital, Black-Scholes analysis, EBITDA and revenue multiples of comparable public companies, comparable transaction prices for private companies and fundamental analysis.
Fortis Capital Stamford, CT
USA-based commercial lending arm of Fortis Bank, the largest bank in Belgium and one of Europe’s oldest and largest financial institutions.
VP Organization and Control / Dec 2001–March 2005
- Founded and managed the Agency for Syndicated Loans which grew to a $2.5 billion portfolio.
- Enhanced overall banking operations by coordinating activities among profit center lines (Shipping, Oil & Gas, Electric Power, Commodities Trading, Global Corporate) and shared operational staffing (Accounting, Legal, Marketing, Compliance, Internal Audit, IT and Loan Administration).
- Enforced financial covenant compliance by centralizing the monitoring of all loans (syndicated and bilateral) for over $10.0 billion portfolio.
- Coordinated interest rate swaps.
- Implemented internal audit recommendations by gathering information, clarifying issues, producing policies and procedures.
- As the CEO’s right-hand man, I helped manage a commercial lending group with over 60 bankers, freeing up the CEO to focus on building relationships and initiating new deals.
Gilat Satellite Networks Petah Tikva
Leading satellite network communications company which split the global market 50/50 with Hughes Network Systems.
Marketing and Business Development / Nov 1996–March 2001
- Combined financial and technical expertise to successfully market and sell satellite communications technology to large telecoms around the world, member of in-house Investment Banking and Product Management groups.
- Identified and evaluated companies for potential strategic partnership and investment, performed market and corporate research and analysis, conducted legal and financial due diligence.
- Identified new markets and applications for satellite-based network communications, produced business plans.
OTHER RELEVANT EXPERIENCEAuthor and Blogger New York, New York
Writer / June 2008- June 2012
- Wrote daily postings on business and hedge fund portfolio valuations,current economic and financial news, networking and career development.
- Member of Forbes.com Financial Blogging Network.
- Contributing author forReuters.com and efinancialcareers.com.
EDUCATION / CREDENTIALS
Bachelor of Science
Major: Management Science
Massachusetts Institute of Technology /Sloan School of Management
Citibank School of Banking
Risk and Credit Management
Advanced Credit Management II