2017 Ranch and Home
- Entry Fees, The entry fee will be $125 per team at the event with CASH. After the tournament begins, there will be no refunds. Teams may register up till 6:30am, July 22nd.
- The Team,A “team” can consist of 2 shooters. Only team members may be on the boat during shooting hours.
- Water Restrictions, shooting in tournament waters will not be allowed up until 24 hours before the start of the tournament. During the 24 hours prior to the start of the tournament, scouting is still allowed as long as there is no bowfishing equipment on board.
- Waiver,each participant must sign a waiver, thus releasing the shoot’s organizers (members of the WBA) and Sponsors (Ranch and Home and others) from all liability. Included in the waiver all shooters must agree to be subjected to a polygraph test by a licensed polygraph examiner.
- Equipment,all participants must fish from the vessel that they identify on their registration. Fishing from multiple vessels is not allowed. Only standard bowfishing equipment may be used in the tournament. No nets, gaffs, or any other standard fishing gear allowed in boats during tournament hours. No baiting or chumming of fish is allowed. Having any of these items or bait on the vessel will disqualify the team from the competition.
- License,no fishing license is required for bowfishing in Washington State. Oregon requires that a bowfisher must have a valid Oregon fishing license and an invasive species permit.
- Fishable waters, this event is a trailering event. Teams are able to fish any public water, in Washington, that is open to fishing. Teams may not fish private ponds or irrigation ditches. Any team caught fishing in private waters will be disqualified.Also, all teams must use a Washington boat launch.
- Sportsmanship,Basic unwritten rules of good sportsmanship will be expected during the shoot. Common sense, and respect to other shooters is a must in order to insure a good time be had by all. Giving way in narrow channels and staying at respectable distance from other boats can’t always be monitored, so good judgment, common sense, and being respectful to other shootersreflects solely on each of us as sportsmen.
9. Alcohol,The consumption of alcoholic beverages during tournament shoot hours (Sat 7:00am-7:00pm) is prohibited. Violation of the policy will result in a team’s disqualification.
10. Weigh-In,The official cut-off time is 7:00pm on Saturday. All teams must have their “Weight Card” turned in to the weigh-in booth (Ranch and Home parking lot) by 7:00pm for their fish to be weighed. Failure to make it in prior to cut-off will result in disqualification regardless of the reason! There will be no reasonable excuse, or exceptions made! Each vehicle must be trailered and in single file through the scale site. Teams will be weighed in one at a time until all teams have been weighed. Harvest to include carp only. The harvest of any game fish is illegal in Washington and will result in immediate disqualification. Only fish that have been harvested during the tournament hours may be weighed for placing. It is the responsibility of each team to determine their heaviest fish. The total number of fish shot will determine ranking in the tournament. Fish may be offloaded into the back of the participant’s vehicle throughout the day but it has to be the vehicle that is towing their boat.
11. Payout,$5 dollars from each non-member’s entry fee will be taken out for operating expenses of the Washington State Bowfishing Association. All remaining entry fees will be paid out to the top 10 of the teams entered. $250 donated by Ranch and Home, will be paid to the team taking the heaviest fish. Winners must be present to collect prize money. Any prize left unclaimed will be donated back to the WBA.
12. Launch, all participants are required to meet at the Benton/Franklin County Fairgrounds no later than 6:00 am on Saturday, July 22. Participants will be directed to their parking, based on random launch position. All participants will sign in with the event coordinators. At this time event coordinators will administer random boat inspections. Failure to comply with boat inspections will disqualify your team from the event. There will be a captains meeting at 6:30am. All captains must attend the meeting. Failure to attend the captains meeting will result in disqualification. At 7:00 am all teams will be released in order by the event coordinators.