HQ Start up Grant Application formFor Office use only
Grant amount approved
(September 2012 Version)
1. The Applicant (PLEASE PRINT IN CAPITAL LETTERS)Full Scout Group/Unit Name
(from Registration Form or Census where section is recorded e.g. this might be District ID number for an Explorer Unit)
Scout County/Area or Region (Scotland)
Name of Contact Person
Address for correspondence
Phone Number(s) / Day / Evening
2. Eligibility for a HQ Grant
In order to be eligible for a Start up grant, applicants must satisfy certain standard conditions. All questions must be answered ‘Yes’, to be eligiblewhere applicable.Eligibility criteria / Yes / No
We are registered to receive Gift Aid /or making application.
We have an appropriate, functioning Executive Committee.
(e.g. At least Chair, Secretary and Treasurer +1)
The new Section(s):
a) opened within the last 6 months from application date, or
b) will open within the next 3 months from application date
Our Scout Group/Unit is Co-educational
If ‘No’ due to ‘special circumstances’, please give reason(s). (e.g. sponsored by a girls only school)
3. Grants are normally paid to the Group/District/ County (Region in Scotland). Please give details of the bank or building society into which we would pay the grant. A BAC’s Remittance will be sent to the applicant once payment has been made.Name of bank or building
Name of the Account
Sort Code / Account or Roll Number
4. Which new Sections are being/have opened (maybe more than one Section at the sametime)?
Beavers ___ Cubs ___ Scouts ___ Explorers ___ Scout Network ___
5. How many members are in/will be joining, the new Sections?Section / Number of young people / Number of adults
7. What do you plan to purchase with the grant?
8. Declarations: I believe that the above information is true and accurate.Signature of Applicant / Date
9. As the District/County/Regional (Scotland) Commissioner to the above, I fully support this application for a HQ Grant and, with my Executive Committee we have sought to provide some additional financial support for this new Section from our own resources/reserves, where available.Name of DC/CC/RC
Signature of DC/CC/RC / Date
Please send your completed application form to:
DGB GrantsTeam, The Scout Association, Gilwell Park, Bury Road, Chingford, London, E4 7QWAmount of Grant approved / Date