YVC Summit 2016: Life, Liberty and Service
Oct. 7-9 – Philadelphia, PA
Did you know that you are one of thousands of youth
who serve with YVC each year? Your YVC program is one of nearly 40 others throughout the U.S. and Canada, each of them with incredible Youth Volunteers making a difference in their communities just like you. We want to invite you to come to the YVC Summit to meet some of the other awesome youth.
What is the Summit? The YVC Summit is an annual gathering for Youth Volunteers and YVC staff from throughout the U.S. and Canada to share ideas, celebrate all of the amazing things they accomplished in the last year, and learn from each other.
Here’s what just a few of the 130 participants in last year’s Summit had to say (hint: they thought it was awesome):
Now that we’ve convinced you how amazing the Summit is, here are the details for Summit 2016:
- Who: Youth Volunteers, Team Leaders and YVC staff from all over the YVC network.
- When: Friday, October 7 to Sunday, October 9(fill in with specific travel times if desired).
- Where: Summit events will take place at Freire Charter School in Center City in downtown Philadelphia, PA. Our group will be staying at theHilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center Cityjust two blocks from the event space.
- Cost: $550for each youth which includes travel cost, lodging, seven meals and registration for the entire weekend. We encourage youth to fundraise to offset the cost and will offer fundraising opportunities when available.[Please adjust for your specific travel costs—we encourage you to list all costs and collect payment for the entire trip. Five meals are provided by YVC Headquarters with each Summit registration, but you may choose to collect payment for all meals including while traveling.]
- How: To register, return the attached form by July 31, 2016. Questions? Contact Program Director Name, at [email] or [phone number].
See more information about the Summit. See you in Philadelphia!
2016Youth Volunteer Corps Summit Registration
Oct. 7-9 – Philadelphia, PA
Name:______Emergency Contact Information
Phone:______Emergency Contact Name:______
Email: ______Contact Number (day): (___)______
Grade Level (Fall 2016): ______Contact Number (evening): (___)______
T-Shirt Size (Long-Sleeve): Small Medium Large X-Large XX-Large XXX-Large
Training Needs:Visually Impaired Hearing Impaired Wheelchair access Other
Dietary Considerations: Vegetarian VeganKosher Other (specify):______
Parent/Guardian: Please initial each section below:
____ Risk Disclosure: I understand that adult supervisors will accompany my child on all projects and activities. I also understand that the supervisors may be volunteers and that the project or activity will involve the normal level of risk associated with such a project or activity. I agree that this form shall waive any rights, claims of responsibility or liability, or cause of action resulting from personal injury to my child in the YVC program and agree to indemnify its partner agencies, including event host Freire Charter School and service project partner United by Blue, and their employees or representatives from any such claims.
____ Medical Care Authorization: At any time due to such circumstances as accident or sudden illness I hereby give permission for emergency medical treatment to be obtained for my child. I understand that a YVC representative or the partner agency will call me prior to leaving or upon arrival at the emergency destination, and that I will be responsible for all related expenses incurred (i.e. ambulance or taxi costs, etc.).
____ Photographic/Transportation Release: In the event my child is photographed or filmed for promotional purposes while participating in the YVC Summit, the photo or video may be used by YVC or any of its related agencies for promotional purposes. I authorize YVC and/or partner agency staff to transport my child in their vehicles if needed.
____ Parent/Legal Guardian Responsibility: I will inform YVC of any special need or condition my child has. I understand withholding this information is unfair to my child and to the YVC leader entrusted with my child’s safety. I understand that violating these policies may lead to my child’s exclusion from YVC programs.
Questions? Contact [Program Director Name] at YVC of ______at [email address] or [phone #]
Mail forms and checks to: YVC of ______* 1234 Address * City * State/Province * Zip