Young Writers Workshop
A Public Art Project produced by Menagerie Theatre Company
For all information:
Trumpington Voices seeks to record the voices of a diverse community undergoing a process of radical change and re-shaping. It explores the impact of ‘Place’ upon people’s lives. The place in question is the established community of Trumpington and the new communities of Clay Farm, Trumpington Meadows and Glebe Farm which are currently under construction.
The project involves interviewing up to 100 people who live in Trumpington, Clay Farm, Trumpington Meadows and Glebe Farm. Without being a scientific sample, we aim to make sure that these interviewees are as representative as possible of Trumpington’s diverse population. Menagerie Theatre Company will then distil and compose these voices into a script which will be performed by both community members and professional actors. It will be performed on two successive nights at Clay Farm Community Centre in June 2018.
We are seeking up to 10 Community Participants to play a vital role in the project as lead interviewers. This is an opportunity to learn new things about your community and take part in a unique project which is seeking to document and articulate different responses to change.
This will involve:
- Training days on Saturday November 4th and Saturday November 18th
- Interviewing and recording 10-15 people in the area between late-November 2017 early-February 2018
- Uploading all interviews to a Google Drive account
- Taking notes during interviews to aid the playwright’s process
Requirements for Community Participants:
- All must live in Trumpington Meadows, Clay Farm, Glebe Farm or Trumpington
- All will receive training in interview techniques and in using recording devices most effectively
- All must be available to attend BOTH training days, Saturday November 4th 9am – 1pm and Saturday November 18th 9am – 12.30pm
- All will be supervised by Patrick Morris, project director
- All interviews will be arranged by Menagerie Theatre Company, working around the availability of interviewers and interviewees
- This project involves going into people’s homes. As such, Menagerie will require all Community Participants to obtain or produce a valid DBS certificate. Menagerie will cover the cost of obtaining any DBS certificates.
The best people for this role will:
- Wish to get involved in their community
- Be comfortable with meeting a wide variety of different people
- Support and understand the aims and ideals of theTrumpington Voices project
- Be a good listener and be discreet about what they are told by interviewees
- Be willing to be trained
If you wish to get involved, please complete the form below and return to Patrick Morris via email: .
Please briefly explain why you wish to be a community participant in Trumpington Voices.
What skills and/or experience could you bring to the project?
Please provide the name and contact details of a character reference and the nature of your relationship to them (Colleague, Employer, Friend etc).
Registered Address: Menagerie, Cambridge Junction, Clifton Way, Cambridge CB1 7GX
t: 01223 403361 e: w:
Menagerie is a company registered in England no. 4192235 and a registered charity no. 1105090