Willing to Work As a Key Player in Challenging & Creative Environment
A. SIVA MURUGAN
Mobile: +91 9944314094
Willing to work as a key player in challenging & creative environment
Areas of ExpertiseInstallation, Commissioning and Interlock logic function checking of process control instruments & equipments
Resolve all the technical issues during the project implementation Supervising the construction and commissioning activities / Maintenance of Process control Instrumentation all type of SMART/Field bus Instruments.
Equipment Condition is monitoring and problem solving. Failure analysis on Instrumentation system.
Experience ClassificationJob Function / Years / Years
Technician Level / 5
8 / Commissioning Experience
Operation and maintenance / 6
Organization: Qatar Kentz Jan. 2010 to June 2010
Client: Qatar Chemicals (Chevron-Phillips) Senior Instrument Technician
Qatar Chemicals II - Ethylene Derivative Complex Project- Mesaieed Industrial city
- Duties involved in this project Instrument construction inspections, preparation of loops, loop Checking and commissioning activities.
- Troubleshooting the loops, final commissioning with company witness, and developingdocuments such as walk down reports, andMeasuring Instruments Calibration reports.
- Ensure about the safety laws and Standards are observed, Have attend the Safety standard trainings like Health Safety & Environment(HSE),
- Reporting to the Project Manager, I managed a team of 4 qualified InstrumentTechnician with 3 Instrument fitter.
Organization: CALTEX GAS INDIA PVT LTD(
Designation: Senior Associate (Instrument) June 2005 to Dec 2009
Caltex Gas India Private Limited (CGIPL) is a 100% subsidiary of CHEVRON Corporation USA, Owns & operates an LPG Importation & Bulk sales refrigerated Storage Terminal.
- Responsible head for Instrumentation section to Planning, scheduling and execution of maintenance checks, Fault finding, troubleshooting and other maintenance activities of all the Instrumentsystems.
- Having experience of new up gradation project (Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) & OPEX Projects) activities responsible for erection, commissioning, Instrument list preparation, Instrument specification / quantity list preparation, checking datasheet, Instrument JB, cables, cable tray, supports list preparation and Implementation.
- Hazop studies inInstrumentation involving process control and ESD systems.
- Compliance of statutory rules and regulations related to the systems.
- Erection and Commissioning of LPG storage Bullet High level alarm and tripping compressor loading system and Low level unloading LPG pump protection system.
- Recognition and cash award received for Erection and Commissioning of Automatic tripping system in Evacuation unit LPG recovery from valve leak cylinders.
Company:JAL INTERNATIONAL Sep. 1999–Aug. 2004
Designation: Instrument Technician
Client: SAMAD (Al-Jubail Fertilizer Co) SABIC affiliates KSA
Samad is one of the SABIC affiliates company in Saudi Arabia. Actively develops and invests in Fertilizer (Ammonia) to produce Urea supply to worldwide.
- I worked through M/S Jal international company in the ESD system revamping project upgrading of relay logic to Triconex TMR PLC(Tristation 1131, ver3.1.2) system in Fertilizer complex. Commissioning of ESD Instruments in Ammonia, Urea and Utilities.
- Shift maintenance technician in Ammonia plant with Sub systems like Bentley Nevada-3000/3300 Vibration Monitoring System and Yokogawa centum-XL DCS.
- Maintenance of major international makes various process control instrumentsservicing and calibration in field.Hands on Experience in Modicon PLC control in bagging plant.
- Knowledge about all type of control valves calibration, overhauling, dismantling, control valves accessories like Regulators, I/P, positioned, control valves specification, actuator functions and manuals documentation. Installation and fabrication of Feedback brackets, tubing etc.
Client:TECHNIP (TPL Arabia Ltd.) KSA
- Installations and Commissioning of 3X60 MW Gas Turbine Generators on this project, commissioning of Westing house DCS system, GE make Mark-V Electric generator governor control panel and related field instruments.
- Experienced commissioning activities in the Abqaiq Saudi Aramco Gas Plant
Client: PETROKEMYA (Arabian Petrochemical Company)
Olefins – III Propane Feedstock pipeline and propane tank erection and commissioning project at Juaymah Saudi Aramco Gas plant.
- Duties involved in Loop Checking and Logic testing such as interlock and ESD system with client. Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning of all type of sub systems like Distributed Control System Honeywell TDC-3000 X and fully involved in the all type of SMART series field Instruments and flow metering skid related instruments.
Client: SAUDI Aramco
- Assignment to testing and Commissioning, Employed by an instrument technician to Converting pneumatic systems to electronics and the installation of control consoles.
- The majority of these projects was carried out on live process units and involved 'Hot' cut over without loss of production in SAUDI Aramco Riyadh Refinery no.2
- Involved with Project Management Team in commissioning of Yokogawa DCS and ABB August PLC ESD systems and all type of SMART series field Instruments.
Client: A.M.C. (Mitsubishi Heavy Industries)
I worked thro company project system group in YANPET (One of the SABIC Affiliates) expansion of poly ethylene plant with new ware house project at yanbu.
- Duties involved in Installation, Q.C punch list, Loop Checking and Logic testing such as interlocks Honeywell DCS and ESD system with client. Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning of fully involved in the all type of SMART series field Instruments.
Company: GEA energy system India ltd. GMBH May 1998 –Sep. 1999
Designation: Electronic supervisor
GEA energy system is a German Collaboration Company listed in Indian Stock market this is a BGR group’s activities are focused on Power plant on line condenser tube cleaning system and debris filter.
- During this period I got good experience in assembly, testing and commissioning activities in PLC control systems panels (Siemens PLC) and Micro controllerbased condenser cleaning ball monitoring system.
Company: P.G.K. ELECTRONICS August 1996-April 1998
Designation: Electronic Technician
- It is an electronic equipments manufacturing company. In this period I got hands on experience in assembly and testing of DC Regulated power supplies, DC motor Drive units EPROM programmer and EPROM Eraser.
- Trouble shooting of Microprocessor modules, control panels and Electronics Accessories like Digital panel meter, Insulation tester, Timer and Counters.
Skilled in executing projects in compliance to the quality standards, Good team player, and Strong team orientation and leadership qualities, hard working and enthusiastic.
Installation, Commissioning, Troubleshooting repairing and maintaining all instruments related to Process control systems equipment as required to plant Automation supports.
Good knowledge about P & I Diagrams, Hook-up drawings, Loop drawings, Plant Layout drawings, Logic diagram and functional schematic diagrams etc.
I have hands on working experience with Yokogawa CS-3000 and Centum-XL, Honeywell TDC-3000, Emerson make Delta-V (version-7.3) and Westing house DCS.
Having work experience in SCADA system with different PLC based control systems. Allen Bradley makes, Modicon and Triconex (TMR) ESD PLC systems.
Experience in configuration and operation with different microprocessor based programmable Siemens, Yokogawa and ABB makes PID controllers and Indicators.
Having experience with Bently-Nevada 3500/3300 Vibration Monitoring System,Fire and Gas detector system (Monicon, Minimax & Safco).
Thorough knowledge of Material, Cable specifications, Junction Box schedule preparation, Termination details preparation, Location Finalizing of instruments.
Installation, wiring, Loop checking and commissioning of DCS, ESD, PLC Panels related components, Marshalling, Relay cabinets and field instruments.
Wide experience with conventional / Smart (HART) field Instruments like Rosemount, Honeywell, Yokogawa and E&H make DP type Flow, Pressure, Level, Temperature transmitters (RTD & Thermocouple) Displacer Level transmitters, Radar & Ultrasonic level, Mass flow meters, and Magnetic flow Transmitters etc.
Servicing and overhauling experience withMasoneilan, Fisher, Valtek, Rotork, Biffi and Audco make control valves, On/off solenoid valves and Motor Operated Valves.
Also familiar with Analytical transmitters like PH, conductivity, O2, ABB make GC’s, Drager make LEL/PPM gas transmitters.
Assembly, Testing and Troubleshooting experience in DC Regulated power supplies, Micro controller based temperature controllers, DC and AC Drives, Timers and counters for Industrial Automation.
Experienced in Avery make 50Ton Weighbridges (L225), weighing scales (Avery -L105/115), Essae-teroka filling machine (Ninnelt) and Speedac-7 weighing system.
Having knowledge on Hazardous area classification. Experienced in handling over any equipment for maintenance in a safe way by the methods of Electrical Clearance, Cable disconnection / connection, Isolation, Flushing, high elevation job etc.
Documentation of all work performing for equipment Data Sheet / history files and preventive / predictive maintenance scheduling utilizing maintenance management system (ERP). Using the computerized maintenance management system to process work orders and manage the spare parts inventory.
Having experience in maintenance of Electrical system also. I have experience in handling 11KV HT line transformer, switch-gears, 500KVA DG set and Electrical drives. Knowledge about electrical load, Power factor calculation, Load distribution, and Energy saving concepts.
Well trained in wearing and using of all Personal Protective Equipments (PPE) and Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) etc. (Emergency preparedness plan).
Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical & Electronics) (CGPA-6.74)2009
Thiyagarajar College of engineering, Madurai-15, Certification- Anna University
Project:Substation Automation using SCADA PC based
Diploma in Electronics and communicationEngineering (80.25%)1996
V.S.V.N. Polytechnic, Virudhunagar, Certification-State Board of Technical Education
PLC Course - Allen-Bradley SLC/RS-Logic 500
Al-Jubail fertilizers (SAMAD), Saudi Arabia, Certifications- Prudent Solutions Ltd
Other Qualifications, Certification:
Knowledge of working on windows operating system, MS-Office based documentation preparation, internet, email system, C and C++ programming, AutoCAD, ORCAD and Computer Hardware system configuration etc
Loss Prevention System and Safe Work Practices in Certified by Chevron.
Design and Maintenance of PneumaticAutomation training by M/s.Festo (India) Ltd.
Basic fire fighting and rescue training conducted by Tamilnadu Fire and Rescue services.
Date of birth/Age :3rd April 1978 / 32years
Marital status :Married, one child
Languages Known : English, Tamil, spoken- Telugu and Hindi
Indian Driving license: F/TN/022/019025/2005(LMV)
Address:Vemboor post, Ettaiyapuram via, Tuticorin Dist, India-628905