We Have an Amazing Opportunity for a Part Time Finance Assistant to Join Our Head Office
We have an amazing opportunity for a part time Finance Assistant to join our Head Office Finance Team!
Cloverleaf Advocacy is a highly successful charity providing independent advocacy to vulnerable adults, across the Yorkshire and Humberside area and has an exciting opportunity for aFinance Assistant to join ourHead Office team starting in January 2018. The successful person will workon a part time and permanent basis, based within Dewsbury where you will find good access to public transport.
As our new Finance Assistant you will support the finance team in recording and maintaining the
Organisation’s financial systems and processes. This includes sales and purchase ledger (including
staff expenses), processing payments, cash handling and month end processes in line with the
agreed financial procedures.
The key tasks of this role will include:
- Manage the day to day sales invoicing including the production of regular and ad hoc sales invoices on a timely basis.
- Manage the day to day purchase ledger function including, accurate input to Sage, create and post payments and complete regular reconciliation of supplier accounts.
- Ensure all invoices and expenses are authorised and coded correctly, including staff expenses.
- Complete monthly petty cash recording for all of the Company’s office locations.
- Carry out credit control function to ensure payments are made within the agreed terms.
- Set up/amend supplier and customer accounts and enter bank details ensuring these are correctly verified.
- Enter cash and bank receipts and payments in to Sage.
- File financial records in line with agreed processes to ensure easy access to documentation.
- Provide support to the Finance Officer and Finance Director in the preparation of annual audit files.
Hours:22.5hours per week
Location: Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
Accountable to: Finance Director
Pay: £16,000 pa increasing to £16,500 (FTE) – salary will be pro rata
Other:Appointment is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) enhanced with barred list check. Two satisfactory references and evidence must be provided of a right to work in the United Kingdom.
How do I apply?
If this role interests you, please go to our website to download an application pack at or contact . Fully completed application forms must be returned by 9.00 am on the closing date.
Closing date for applications is:6th November 2017
Interviews will be held on:Week commencing 13th or 20th November 2017
** STRICTLY, No agency applications please **