Student Technology Fee Committee Meeting Minutes
Date:October 14, 2013
To:Student Technology Fee Committee
From: Mike Asoodeh, CIO
Minutes from the October 14, 2013Student Technology Fee Committee meeting are as follows:
In Attendance: Committee members –Gregory Crovetto, Aaron Johnson, Stephanie Travis, Jeff Simmons,Donna Methvien,Marvin Yates,and Mike Asoodeh. Josie Walker gave her proxy to Marvin Yates. Also in attendance were Jason Domiano and Shannon Sciortino.
The meeting began at 2:00p.m.
- TheSeptember 9, 2013meeting minutes were reviewed. Marvin Yatesmade a motion to approve the minutes. Aaron Johnsonseconded the motion. The vote was8-0 in favor of approving this motion.
- Reports on Action Items:
- STF Agreement – Shannon Sciortino did send the agreement to the President’s Office for signature.
- Printing – Dr. Walker will give a report on this at the next meeting. Action Item: Dr. Walker will bring up this topic with Dr. Bourg and the Dean’s Council, asking teachers to allow technology in class and not require mandatory printing of excessive documents, especially Powerpoint slides for class discussion. Also, the Disaster Recovery Plan on the syllabus should not require printing. Action Item: Dr. Asoodeh will share the use and abuse report with Dr. Walker. Action Item: Greg Crovetto will send Dr. Walker the student complaints he has received about printing. Action Item: Shannon Sciortino will add printing to the agenda of the next STF meeting.
- NCMB 158/160– Donna Methvien did transfer the equipment in NCMB 160 to Enrollment Services.
- Furniture in STUN 1409 – Donna Methvien did transfer the furniture to the MailCenter.
- Small Projects– Mike Asoodeh reported that 17 small project proposals had been received, requesting $73, 203.96. The sub-committee recommended that all 17 be funded in the amount of $69,597.96, with a reduction to two of the proposals. A motion was made by Marvin Yatesto fund the proposals as recommended. Greg Crovetto seconded the motion. The vote was 8-0 in favor of approving this motion. Action Item: Shannon Sciortino will notify the grant recipients.
- Matching Projects– Mike Asoodeh reported that six (6) matching project proposals had been received, requesting $69,419. The sub-committee recommended that all six be funded in the amount of $69,419. A motion was made by Marvin Yates to fund the proposals as recommended. Greg Crovetto seconded the motion. The vote was 8-0 in favor of approving this motion. Action Item: Shannon Sciortino will notify the grant recipients.
- A motion to adjourn was made by Marvin Yates. Aaron Johnson seconded the motion. The vote was 8-0 in favor of this motion. The meeting was adjourned at 2:20 p.m.
- Next Meeting–The next meeting will be heldMonday, November 18, 2013, and will be coordinated by Shannon Sciortino.
Approved by SGA President, Gregory Crovetto
Approved by CIO, Dr. Mike Asoodeh
Office of Technology SLU 10569 Hammond, LA70402 985-549-2314 Fax 985-549-3922