Job Title:Chef Housekeeper
Hours:To be negotiated
Report To:Hostel Manger
- Plan and deliver a weekly menu that maximises fresh food, health benefits and quality, and ensure that special dietary needs are catered for.
- Keep a record of meals provided and of the number of residents
- Order and buy appropriate supplies, maintaining costs within a set budget
- Ensure that the agreed food safety management system is adhered to and that health and safety procedures are followed.
- Maintain the cleanliness and tidiness of all areas of the hostel.
- Prepare rooms for new residents
- Account for all laundry items when despatched and received.
- Deliver Life Skills training to residents and keep a record of the training
- Support residents toensure that they are able to undertake allocated cleaning responsibilities.
- Support residents to achieve personal cleanliness.
- Carry out regular checks of resident’s rooms to support them with life skillsand to keep a simple record of such checks in a diary.
- Report any concerns, which may arise regarding a resident to the Hostel Manager, Support Worker or Duty Supervisor
- Communicate the aims of The Ashley Foundation and establish good working relations with statutory and voluntary agencies, accommodation providers, funders and others
- Comply with all of The Ashley Foundation policies.
- Attend training programmes as and when required
- Carry out any other duty commensurate with the post, as required by the Hostel Manager, Service Managers or Chief Executive
Amendment to Job Description
This is a description of the job as it is at present constituted. It is the practice of The Ashley Foundation to periodically examine employees’ job descriptions and update them to ensure that they relate to the job as then being performed or to incorporate whatever changes are being proposed. This procedure is jointly conducted by the Chief Executive Officer in consultation with the affected employee who will be expected to participate fully in such discussions. It is The Ashley Foundation’s aim to reach agreement to reasonable changes but if agreement is not possible management reserves the right to insist on changes to the job description.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties. As a term of employment, you may be required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation or in a comparable post at any of The Ashley Foundation’s establishments wherever they may be located.
Reviewed and Revised Nov 2017
Housing Services Manager