Student Senate Meeting Minutes
August 25, 2007
2:00 p.m. Drummond Executive Suite
- Call to Order- 2:03 p.m.
- Roll Call- EVP Brueggemann (see attendance record)
- New Business
- EVP changed the meeting agenda, moving iii to D.
- Recognition of the School of Public Health and Information Sciences Student Council- APPROVED- Motion by Senator Kersting, 2nd by President Jones, no discussion, unanimous
- Approval of Senate Executive Board Nominations
- Board/Committee Nominations
- Appropriations Committee Nominations- APPROVED, Motion by President Jones, 2ndby Senator Kersting, no discussion, unanimous
- Student Organizations Board –APPROVED, Motion by President Jones, 2ndby Senator DeRossett, no discussion, unanimous
- Academic Policy Board- APPROVED, Motion by President Jones, 2nd by Senator Downs, no discussion, unanimous
- Development Board- APPROVED, Motionby President Jones, 2ne by Senator Whistle, no discussion, unanimous
- Executive Staff Nominations
- APPROVED, Motion by President Jones, 2ndby Senator Kersting
- Senator Awadallah requests the list to be read aloud
- Senator Murphy asks if the list is final and if more hires will be made
- EVP announces that future hires might take place, but will also be approved by Senate
- Motion passes unanimously
- Proposed Senate Meeting Schedule
- VP Clark asks if all meetings will take place on Belknap campus and when confirmed, asks if some meetings might take place on downtown Health Science campus. EVP states that last year some were on Health Science campus, but that parking was an issue. VP Clark rescinds earlier statement.
- Senator Awadallah- Motion to amend agenda to change November 28th date on schedule from 28th to 27th, 2nd by Senator Kersting, no discussion, unanimous.
- Motion to correct agenda to change room number from 139 to 126, motion passes unanimously. Discussion that room is still incorrect, motion to change back, passes unanimously.
- VP Marcsik requests to move back the November 6th meeting date because of election day, rescinds statement.
- President Hoehn and VP Daugherty request to be excused during meetings that fall on DentalSchool spring break, EVP asks to meet with them separately
- Motion to approve Presidential Committee appointments. Motion by President Jones, 2nd by Senator Kersting, no more discussion, Motion passes unanimously as amended
- Consideration of Senate Speaker Nominees
- Recognition of Senator Kersting and Senator Murphy as Senate Speaker Nominations
- Senator Murphy addresses Senate while Senator Kersting steps out
- Personal Speech
- Senator Kersting addresses Senate while Senator Murphy steps out
- Personal speech
- President Kostlek encourages people to vote for Senator Kersting because of his experience with her on RSA.
- VP Pfendt asks to outline the duties of Speaker
- Collection of votes- Assistant EVP Jacobs and EVP
- Counting of votes- Director of Administration Hamilton
- Announcement of Senator Kersting as Speaker of Senate
- There were no announcements to report
- Adjourn- 2:33 p.m.
Taylor HamiltonPage 1
Director of Administration