Starting with the Basics
HCS/301 Version 4
University of Phoenix Material
Starting with the Basics
Log on to the Class Home page. Explore the resources available on the site and use them to answer the following questions.
- Which two reviewing services are available to students through the Center for Writing Excellence?
- Identify the resources in the “Tutorials & Guides”section of the Center for Writing Excellence that will help you to format using APA style according to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th edition)?
- Use the following information to correctly build a Journal reference consistent with APA guidelines:
- Journal title: Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management
- Article title:Private Finance Initiative in the Healthcare Sector: trends and risk assessment
- Year of Publication: 2005
- Number: 6
- Page range of article: 601 - 616
- Authors: Akintola Akintoye, Ezekiel Chinyio
- Reference anybook you have available. Use the proper APA formatting to reference your book. Examples and help are found in the Library tab under UsefulLinks on the right side.
- What are the five icon headings available in the “Grammar and Writing Guides” section of the Center for Writing Excellence?
- Locate the definitions of active and passive voice using the Writing Style resources in the Grammar and Writing Guide. Select which of the following sentence is written in the active voice and which is written in passive voice.
a.Some of the content of this document was previously submitted by Mary.
b.Mary previously submitted some of the content of this document.
- Identify at least 1 student workshop that you feel is valuable and explain why Hint. Access the student workshops on the home page on the left side.
- What are the six topics covered in the Building Math Confidence area of the Center for Math Excellence? Hint. Click the library tab and then under the Center for Math Excellence heading click on the link for Building Math Confidence.
- Add the correct punctuation to the following sentences:
- Karen is a knowledgeable intelligent person
- Roger left the bookstore he met the Learning Team at the coffee shop.
- Identify Three Resources found in the University Library that are relevant to Nursing. Explain how you will use these resources during your program? Hint. Go to the University library University Library “Choose resources by subject”)
- Where is the University Library Handbook located, and what is its last copyright date?
- List the six mandatory fields needed to complete when asking a question of the University Library librarian.
- How do you access your reading assignments for this course from your student website?
- How would you respond to a question posted in the online classroom?
- What sixdocuments are contained in the Toolkit Essentials section of the Learning Team Toolkit found in the University Library?
- Define plagiarism in your own words. Explain the difference between summarizing, paraphrasing, and plagiarizing. Use the Plagiarism resources in the Grammar and Writing Guides to assist you. How will you avoid plagiarism and self-plagiarism in your college work? Explain your answers in at least 100 words.
- After reading the “Decision/Conflict Resolution” section of the Learning Team Toolkit, how would you attempt to resolve a conflict within your team when opposing viewpoints exist? Explain your answer in 50 to 100 words.
- What is the phone number for University of Phoenix technical support?Hint.Use the links at the bottom of the Home page > Contact Us
- Where on the student website would you go to change your personal contact information? Hint. Use a tab at the top of the page.
- On your student homepage, locate and click the Schedule and Gradeslink (left side of the page under Quick Links). List your last class and how many credits it is worth.