Service Award: ACCSC Excellence in Community Service
The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is seeking nominations of accredited member schools that have made an outstanding contribution in their local community through service initiatives. In selecting the winner for the 2017Excellence in Community Service Award, ACCSCwill consider several compelling aspects such as:
- The scope of community service initiative(s);
- The impact of the service initiative(s);
- Connections between education programs and service learning for students;
- Commitment of a school to its community; and
- Stories that demonstrate how the initiative touched the personal lives of school personnel, students, or community members.
Schools desiring to nominate candidates for 2017Excellence in Community Service Award must submitvia e-mailthe application and supplemental information on or before July 7, 2017.
To be considered for the 2017Excellence in Community ServiceAward, all submitted nominations must include:
- Completed Nomination Form (attach additional pages as necessary);
- Additional documentation to support the nomination, including:
- News articles or video links;
- Websites referencing school’s community service efforts; and
- Other documentation of the community service efforts’ effectiveness.
- Provide minimum of two (2) letters of support from those directly affected by the school’s efforts, such as a student participating in the service or an individual / organization that benefit from the school’s community service.
The following Nomination Form is a Word fill-in document; please tab between fields to complete all information. The text boxes allow for unlimited text. Please include further documentation as desired to reflect why this nominee should be selected as the award recipient. All information and nomination criteria must be completed in order to be considered.
The Awards Committee will review all nominations following the nomination period. All nominees will be notified by mid-August with the Awards Committee’s decision.
Excellence in Community Service Award – Nominee Information:
ACCSC School Number:
City: State: Zip:
Phone Number: E-mail Address:
Describe the scope of community service initiative(s) at the school.
What has been the impact of the initiative(s) on the local community?
Does the community service initiative(s) connect to the school’s programs and provide service learning opportunities for students? If so, how?
How does the community service initiative(s) represent an extraordinary commitment to the school’s community?
Please provide any stories that demonstrate how an initiative touched the personal lives of school personnel, students, or community members.
The nominating institutioniscurrently accredited and in good standing with ACCSC. Good standing is defined as (please the following):
Not operating under a Show Cause or Probation Order;
Not subject to any form of Reporting (e.g., financial, outcomes, refunds, etc.);
Not subject to an adverse action by another oversight or regulatory entity (i.e., local, state, or federal);
Current in all fees due to ACCSC, including any late fees and sustaining fees, and;
Current in the submission of the most recent ACCSC Annual Report and financial statements.
To ensure that the winner of the 2017Excellence in Community Service Award is able to participate in the Professional Development Conference on September 25 – 27, 2017, ACCSC will furnish an all-expenses paid trip for one (1) representative to the awards ceremony, including roundtrip airfare to Reston, Virginia; meals; and two (2) nights accommodations at the Hyatt Regency Reston hotel, host location of the Professional Development Conference. The award winner will also enjoy complimentary registration to attend the conference and be formally recognized during the Awards Luncheon. The award winner is also requested to submit photographs for incorporation into a slide show presentation during the awards ceremony.
Schools desiring to nominate candidates for 2017 Excellence in Community Service Award must submitvia e-mailthe application and supplemental information on or before July 7, 2017.