Savera UK – ILM Events Assistant
Savera UK is dedicated to tackling domestic abuse within BME communities on Merseysideand across the UK. We deliver training for the third and public sectors as well as engaging with communities in tackling issues around honour based violence and forced marriage. Savera UK maintains a helpline and provides advice, information, support and signposting for victims. We work in partnership with services in particular Merseyside police in campaigning and raising awareness within communities.
Savera UK provides:
- Confidential, culturally sensitive advice and support for individuals
- Awareness raising for the community
- Advice and information for professional and practitioners
- Protocols, policy and development agencies
- Public speaking and communication in seminars and conferences, locally, nationally and internationally
In December 2016, Savera were successful in securing Big Lottery funding as part of the Womens and Girls Initiative. As part of the delivery of this contract Savera UK receive referrals from the Local Authority, Merseyside Police and womensgroups anddirectly support high risk women from Liverpool via a 1:2:1 casework model.
There is huge demand for our services and as such we would like to recruit two new members of ILM trainee members of staff.
We would like to recruit a ‘ILM’ Events Assistant. ILM vacancies are created to offer opportunities to Merseyside residents, age 16-29, who are not currently in education, training or employment. These roles are created by organisations that need to expand and would benefit from the addition of ‘trainee’ employees within their organisation. These roles receive an element of funding via the ESF ways to work programme.
ILM Events assistant
The role, following training with include:
- To play a role in the delivery of the Savera Events.
- To work with Service Development Manager and Community Engagement Officer to hold regular focus groups with our service users
- Collate feedback from focus groups and identify any gaps in services
- To engage and organise events and day trips for the clients that we support.
- To support internal and external marketing and communications functions.
- To work with the Service Development Manager to ensure the successful delivery of events and activities.
- To maintain good relationships and communications with our volunteers and supporters
- To provide a high quality, professional response to phone, mail and email requests.
- To coordinate event administration including booking process, participant correspondence, event materials and resources and post event follow-up.
- To work in other sections of the organisation, and to represent the organisation as required.
- Being responsible for a Savera monthly drop in, this will include building relationships with local services/schools/charities to attend these drop ins for our service users
- Liaising with service users so they are up to date with upcoming Savera events
- Holding regular focus groups with Savera service users to see how we can develop our services and tailor them to suit the needs of our service users
- Assisting Service Development manager and Savera administrator in organising events for our service users to reduce social isolation (such as day trips to Chester Zoo, Gulliver’s World)
- Facilitating any in-house meetings or events, including inviting participants, organising room bookings, refreshments
- Build relationships with local business, services and charities and identify any opportunity for partnership working.
• Provide general administrative assistance for Savera UK. This will include data inputting, drafting letters, photocopying and filing and carrying out research
• Promote the work and image of the organisation at all times, providing an efficient and courteous service to its users, visitors and callers
• Carry out duties with full regard to Savera UK’s equal opportunities policy
• Participate in staff training and development activities as required
• Carry out any other duties commensurate with the post as required
These roles are funded via Liverpool City Council for a period (usually 6 months). To meet the criteria of this scheme you need to be aged 16-29, not currently in education, training or employment and a resident of either Liverpool City, The Wirral, Sefton, Knowsley, Halton or St Helens.
Please respond by sending your CV’s to
Closing date is 1st December 2017.
With interviews to take place on Tuesday 5th December 2017.