Rotary Club of Lee’s Summit Scholarships
E. Claud Shaffer Eligibility and Selection Criteria
2- $1,000 scholarships awarded to one boy and one girl
Graduate of the Lee’s Summit Public High Schools for current year.
$2,000 to LSN, LSW and LSHS, one boy and one girl
$1,000 to Lee’s Summit Christian school
The scholarship may be used for Tuition, fees & books. The school will be paid directly by the endowment for the benefit of the student with instructions regarding requirements and guidelines outlined below.
- Graduating from LS public High Schools
- He or she is in good standing with LS public schools
- He or she attending Longview or any college in the Metropolitan Community College Platform at a minimum of 6 hours per semester
- He or she is not a descendant, or close relative of a member of the selection committee or a committee member’s spouse
- He or she has not received and accepted an appointment to a military academy or received and accepted a full (virtually all expenses paid) scholarship to any other institution of higher learning.
- He or she has completed an application form, attached; provided a copy of the student’s transcript by the Guidance office
- The students’ awarded scholarships will be required to sign an authorization for the college to send a copy of their transcript and scholarship remaining to the Rotary Club of Lees Summit every semester until the scholarship is depleted.
- The students that are awarded scholarships will sign an authorization to use their name in promoting or publicizing the endowment and scholarship.
The following factors shall be considered by the selection committee in choosing the students to receive the scholarships. These are not listed in order of importance
- Community Service
- Grade Point Average
- Financial Need
- Extracurricular Activities
- Work Experience
- 1 Letter of Recommendation
Conditions to continue scholarship after 1st semester freshman year the following will be required: If these requirements are not met the money will return to the endowment.
- 2.0 GPA
- Enrolled at least 6 hours
- Good Standing with the school
A copy of the semester transcript will be provided to the committee until scholarship is depleted.
Rotary Club of Lee’s Summit Scholarship Application
Return to Guidance office by April 12th
Attach Requirements:a) Transcript and attendance
b) 1 Letter of Recommendation
Name of High School Attending______
Applicant’s Phone #______
First Choice College______
City & State______
Second Choice College______
City & State______
Community Service: (List Activities and Hours during Junior and Senior Years)
School and Community Activities: (List activities, offices held, competitions entered, honors and awards)______
What have you done or plan to do to help finance your college education? ______
Any other information you would like to provide to assist the selection committee. ______
Please attach additional pages if necessary to complete application.