Role Profile– Head of Trusts and Government FundingTitle: Head of Trusts and Government Funding
Reports to: Director of Fundraising
To maximise Scope’s income from Trusts, Government fundingand EU fundingstreams
Responsible for a achieving a surplus of £2 million plus per annum
Direct line management of 3 staff (in a team of 6)
Internal Contacts / External Contacts
Staff within fundraising / Key funder contacts
Key personnel throughout the organisation / Networking with potential funders and influential individuals
Other management teams
Trustees and senior managers
- To further develop a team that delivers outstanding results and exceeds expectation
- To role model Scope’s behaviours, recognising and reinforcing these in others
- To provide a facilitative and inclusive management style
- To encourage team members to maximise their potential through continuous learning whilst challenging and dealing with under performance.
- To recruit, manage and develop staff within Scope’s HR and operational polices and procedures
- To work across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to implement Scope’s strategic direction.
- To deliver excellent donor care
- To work within Scope’s policies and procedures at all times.
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy to significantly grow income in a way that meets Scope’s overall organisational aims.
- Lead and develop departmental financial plans
- Raise awareness of Scope’s services and projects with potential fundraising partners through networking and developing relationships with key decision makers
- Work in an integrated way with other fundraising teams
- To develop and cultivate a pipeline of potential funding partners and to ensure senior managers across Scope are kept updated on progress.
- As part of the Fundraising SMT to take responsibility for departmental wide initiatives and represent fundraising on other projects across Scope as required.
- To significantly grow grant income from Trusts, EU & Statutory funding sources to support Scope’s strategic aims
- To develop effective relationships with staff at all levels across the organisation and ensure their engagement in the fundraising process
- To develop and manage relationships with key Trust and Statutory supporters