ROLE: Assistant ICT Facilitator (VEMS)
SALARY:£25,000 - £27,000 PA
Hours of Work:39 Per Week
REPORTS TO: ICT Facilitator
DURATION: Permanent Post
Main Purpose of Job:
Belfast Waterfront and Ulster Hall wish to recruit an Assistant ICT Facilitator to manage the company wide event management application system provided by Ungerboeck Software. This system is hosted directly by Ungerboeck who are also responsible for executing updates and fixes, managing new version releases and undertaking system environment/server tasks.
As part of the Belfast Waterfront and Ulster Hall (BWUH) team, and in addition to the main focus of the role above, you are to provide assistance with events delivery as planned and ensure that the customers’ experience of an event is exceeded through the provision of excellent customer care.
To assist the ICT Manager of the BWUH for:
- The administration and operation of ICT systems, with primary focus on the recently implemented Venue Event Management System (VEMS).
- Developing the reporting capabilities of the new system (VEMS) with particular emphasis on management reporting, event reporting, business analysis and any other ad hoc reporting as required including the development of crystal reports.
- Work with the key users in particular and users generally to maximise the utilisation of the VEMS system and ensure business processes are fit for purpose.
- Conducting in house training as requiredwith primary focus on the recently implemented Venue Event Management System (VEMS) ensuring that all users.
- Ensure all users have appropriate access authority and review on an ongoing basis.
- Be the key contact point between BWUH and Ungerboeck
- Review and monitor Ungerboeck’s support response time and performance.
- Assisting with all aspects of the day to day ICT delivery, including, networks, Wi-Fi, systems, mobile devices, hardware, software, EPOS and telecoms.
- To be able to work flexibly across the two venues of the BWUH to ensure the necessary high standards of service delivery is achieved.
Summary of responsibilities & personal duties:
- To assist the ICT Manager in allof the following areas:-
-Administration, configuration, user support (helpdesk) and development of the BWUH VEMS system
-Network & security administration and support
-General system configuration and support
-General ICT support
-In-house training (VEMS)
-Project Management (VEMS)
- To assist in the development, documentation, implementation and maintenance of all ICT procedures and policies including the preparation and monitoring of an annual operating plan and associated budgets, in conjunction with the ICT Manager, for the BWUH VEMS system.
- To co-ordinate and advise the ICT Manager on all aspects of ICT administration.
- To assist in the administration of all ICT networks including temporary networks for events.
- To assist with the development and implementation of the ICT strategy and policies/procedures including ICT security for both venues, and to ensure that a full staff training programme is in place, with primary focus on the recently implemented Venue Event Management System (VEMS).
- To provide advice to the ICT Facilitator, Event Planning team and clients, as required, particularly for ICT networks.
- To organise, plan and deliver in house ICT training as required, with primary focus on the recently implemented Venue Event Management System (VEMS).
- To act as the BWUH ICT Systems administrator and internal ICT Help Desk, with primary focus on the recently implemented Venue Event Management System (VEMS).
- To work in partnership with the outsourced providers and ensure they provide an economic, efficient and effective service, with primary focus on the recently implemented Venue Event Management System (VEMS).
- To assist the ICT Facilitator in providing appropriate creative, innovative ICT solutions and services to clients and customers, thereby generating additional income for BWUH.
- To supervise the workload of any assigned staff ensuring that it is scheduled effectively to facilitate operational efficiency and manage and develop them in accordance with performance management principles.
- To assist in the provision of support services relating to specific application systems to both customers and service delivery functions, including computer operations and service desk, with primary focus on the recently implemented Venue Event Management System (VEMS).
- To be responsible for investigating and resolving problems and incidents and providing information and assistance to staff enabling them to make effective use of the systems, with primary focus on the recently implemented Venue Event Management System (VEMS).
- To plan, design, prepare and produce documentation to support the promotion, use and maintenance of information systems, with primary focus on the recently implemented Venue Event Management System (VEMS).
- To ensure all ICT work is carried out in accordance with organisational standards and procedures and advise staff on policies and procedures, with primary focus on the recently implemented Venue Event Management System (VEMS).
- To undertake duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the BWUH and the city council.
- To undertake other such relevant duties as may from time to time be required.
Applicants must, as at the closing date for receipt of application forms:
- have a third level qualification in a relevant subject, such as Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent qualification;
- have two years’ relevant experience of delivering IT support including application support, software administration, networking, telecommunications, hardware, cloud based computing, database concepts, SQL and Crystal Reports and understanding of the requirements for change and innovation (in the style of an internal business analyst/consultant)
- working knowledge and use of Crystal Report writing
In addition, the short-listing panel reserves the right to short-list only those applicants who have:
- in the first instance, a relevant third level qualification, such as a Degree in Computer Science or equivalent qualification; and
- Have a minimum of two years’ relevant experience in each of the areas
- Have direct experience working in a similar sector and using a venue event management system.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following competencies which may be tested at interview:
Communication skills: the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers, to represent and promote the interests of the organisation and write high level reports and memos for colleagues and management.
Technical knowledge: the ability to anticipate, keep track of and interpret developments in information technology and information services and the display of imagination, creativity and innovation in the development of practical solutions.
Analysis and problem solving skills: the ability to analyse complex situations and make decisions and provide effective solutions to customer challenges.
Team working skills: Team-oriented attitude with a proactive and self-dependent working style, who has the ability to work effectively to encourage co-operation and working together to achievement objectives.
Customer care skills: the ability to ensure that IT related services are provided to the highest quality to customers with a commitment to the principles of customer care.
Job Ref: BWUH0023