Rescue Mission of Middle Georgia
Oversee and direct the development department in seeking new and recurring sources of revenue for the Mission. These sources are, but not limited to, grants, bequests, capital campaigns, monetary donations, as well as solicitation of non-monetary donations. This position is the central focus of all public relations, communications and marketing of the Mission.
- Work to design, implement and manage all fundraising activities including individual giving, churches, corporations, foundations and other related solicitations.
- Manages all strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation and relations.
- Works closely with Executive Director and Program staff to assess development needs and overall fundraising plan.
- Supports the Executive Director in representing RMMG’s needs, accomplishments and relationships to funders.
- Establishes a communication strategy including a yearly calendar with monthly themes (used for appeals, thank you notes, social media, website, etc.) ensuring all forms of communication have the same message.
- Maintains contact with and develops grant proposals and reports for funders.
- Maintains contact with direct mail company and assists in planning, monitoring and evaluating all direct mail appeals for both acquisition and cultivation.
- Coordinates regular donor thank you calls/letters. Assists with determining the appropriate staff to thank donors and ensures it is done in a timely manner.
- Assists the Executive Director in determining appropriate plan for cultivating major donors and potential major donors.
- Invite and give tours to donors or prospective donors.
- Work to develop a strategy for upgrading current and re-engage lapsed donors.
Board of Directors
- Assumes responsibility for all Development reports to the Board and attends Board meetings as requested.
- Assist Special Events Coordinator and Executive Director as needed for our Five Star Kevin Brown Celebrity Classic tournament and auction.
Communication and Marketing
- Overall Management: Assist with managing proposals, key donor correspondence, promotional materials and other marketing ideas necessary to sustain the fund raising efforts and manage agency and public relations efforts.
- Public Relations: Assist with oversight of public relations evens for the agency, including coordinating media or news releases and other public information activities.
- Speaking Engagements: Actively pursue speaking engagements for the Executive Director, Development Director or Program Directors as appropriate.
- Newsletter: Assist in determining stories and other relevant content for monthly newsletters and oversee drafting and production of newsletters.
- Monthly e-news: Assist with developing and writing monthly e-news to include program stories and other happenings.
- Direct mail campaign: Assist with proofreading, editing and/or writing of monthly direct mail campaign materials.
- Work with Development Coordinator to ensure that all donor information is correct and up to date. May require research or phone calls for complete information.
- Work with Development Coordinator to ensure new donors receive a special letter and welcome packet.
- Assist, when necessary, in entering gift information into donor management system.
Interoffice Support and Other
- Assist with preparation of mailings, including writing letters, mail merge, segmentation reports, printing and sending to post office as necessary.
- Prepare meeting packages as needed.
- Assist with communications and marketing as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as necessary to promote and support the Mission.